Trying to Get Pregnant

Reoccurring Temps? (Target BBT)

Has anyone else experienced this? I've been getting reoccurring/favorite temps with my Target brand BBT. I temp vaginally. Is this normal/ok or should I look into getting a new thermometer?

Here is my (crazy long) chart in case you are interested:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/378768/

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Reoccurring Temps? (Target BBT)

• Hmmm... I was wondering the same thing. I got the same temp today as I did yesterday. I just got my thermometer in June so I'd be surprised if it's time for a new one already.
  • Same here....I have had this happen a few times this month. I too bought mine in June so I don't think its time for a new one yet.

Me: 32 DH: 34 Married 7/08 DD Born 8/09 
    TTC#2 Since 2/13 (Secondary IF)
    2/13 thru 2/14 - Year of charting, OPK and TI
    3/14 thru 7/14 - Clomid cycles, DH SA came back good
    8/14 - HSG and more blood work
    9/14 - Letrozole + trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    10/14 - Letrozole + Bravelle + trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!! EDD 7/27/15
  • Loading the player...
  • PeedyPeedy member
    I'm on my third bbt thermometer due to buying thermometers from CVS and the battery decides to die soon after. However, my previous thermometers all say "lo" for a while, letting me know that the battery is getting low.

I know I could just buy new batteries, but I just haven't done it that way. Maybe next time.
  • PeedyPeedy member
    Is there a reason why you're not calling your doctor at CD60 to jump start your period?
  • I have read that the Target BBT is notorious for favoring certain temps. 

Started TTC #1 08/2010

BFP #1 12/14/2010 EDD 8/24/2011, D&C due to blighted ovum 01/27/2011

BFP #2 05/02/2011 EDD 1/10/2012, MC at 4W2D 05/04/2011

Diagnosed with homozygous C677T MTHFR - Lovenox shots while TTC

BFP #3 08/01/2011 EDD 04/07/2012, DD born 03/29/2012

Started TTC #2 12/2012 on Arixtra due to Lovenox/heparin allergy

BFP #1 03/19/2013 EDD 11/24/2013, MC at 5W 3/24/2013

June/July 2013 - Clomid 100 MG CD 5-9 + TI = BFN

July/August 2013 - Clomid 100 MG CD 5-9 + IUI = BFN

August/September 2013 - Femara 5 MG CD 3-7 + IUI = BFN

LMP 9/11 Unmedicated cycle - BFP 10/11, EDD 6/21/14 Born 6/2/14

~ All AL Welcome ~

• I had the same problem with the one from Target. I would have 4 days of the same temp. I bought a new one from Walmart and never had that problem again. I always did get CH using both thermometers, but I hated the repeated temp for days so I bought a new one. 

DD #1 5.4.14  
    EDD #2 5.4.17

• CHD84CHD84 member

imagePeedy:
    Is there a reason why you're not calling your doctor at CD60 to jump start your period?

I called at CD60 and went to see the Doctor. Her suggestion was for me to gain weight and come back in 3 months. That was a month ago.... still no period! 

I guess I was a little nervous about taking the hormones and medication and wanted to try everything naturally first.. but I'm getting ready to throw in the towel.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also use the Target thermometer and have many repeat temps.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Chat!                       General Cloth Diaper Information          
  • imagetdf2010:
    I have read that the Target BBT is notorious for favoring certain temps. 

Really? Well that sucks. Mine is a Target BBT. Looks like I'm in the market for a Walmart one now. 

• imageTeeJ526:

imagetdf2010:
    I have read that the Target BBT is notorious for favoring certain temps. 

Really? Well that sucks. Mine is a Target BBT. Looks like I'm in the market for a Walmart one now. 

I love my Walmart one! I haven't been temping long, but I've never had a repeat temp. Similar, but they always vary a little bit. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was wondering the same thing, I literally had five days in a row at 98.34. My chart looks like stair steps. I may have to spring for the Walmart thermometer as well but I just got this one from Meijer last month! You would think it should work!
  • I have a bbt from Walgreens, and it also gives me repeat temps. I was curious about it, so I read the instruction sheet that came with it, and it said that it's only accurate to +or- .3 degrees in the range I'm in, even though it reads to the 100th decimal place. I'm sure this is the reason for the repeat temps. It bothered me at first, but I've gotten over it bc I can still see a clear temp shift after O, and my overall pattern is looking pretty good these days. So at this point I don't feel the need to replace it. If that ever changes, I guess I'll be getting the Walmart one!
  • imagePeedy:
    I'm on my third bbt thermometer due to buying thermometers from CVS and the battery decides to die soon after. However, my previous thermometers all say "lo" for a while, letting me know that the battery is getting low. I know I could just buy new batteries, but I just haven't done it that way. Maybe next time.

I would suggest reading the instruction sheet if you still have it. My bbt always displays the last temp taken, followed by 98.60, followed by "Lo", which just means that it's ready to be used (not that the battery is low). Yours could be different, though. :) 

• I have the same issue with my Target BBT as well. It's not really a big deal since I can still see my thermal shift.
    TTC since 10/11
    Me, 26- Normal. DH, 28- Low morphology (2-4%)
    August 2013 100mg Clomid+TI=BFP!
    Beta #1,2,3=136, 1351, 5328
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • I don't get it. I looked at your chart and your temps vary. Is there a reason you don't think these are your temps?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have a BBT from Target as well as it definitely favors about 8-10 temperatures.  I always see a clear shift so I'm not as concerned.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"