2nd Trimester

'Tramp Stamp' Your Kid's Name?

I don't think it is bad to get your kid's name as a tattoo, I probably wouldn't, but just wondering what you all think of this.  My hair stylist has a 'tramp-stamp' of her son's name. 

To me, I think that is weird.  Opinions?

Re: 'Tramp Stamp' Your Kid's Name?

• Definitely weird...  at least as a tramp stamp anyway...  But I guess whatever floats her boat!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I agree. Weird.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Definately odd!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree... totally weird. Although... this makes it even worse: I've heard it as being called a "POT" or... pull out target. Doesn't that make it lovely to get your DC's name there?
  • I wouldn't do it, but I know people who have.
  • To each his own.  Personally, I'd get it on my forehead. 

"I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy." J.D. Salinger Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aside from the fact that it's a bit trashy.... does she only have the one kid? How would subsequent kids get the same PR?

• my first tattoo was a "tramp stamp", a matching tattoo I got with my dad (before they were called tramp stamps), so I would rule that out anyway.  I would get my kid's name tattooed on me, but I doubt that would be where I'd want it.

• Its just not my taste. I would hate to see my name on my mom. Even worse if it is someplace you will be able to see when she goes to the beach or pool. I mean I still hang out with my mom who is in great shape at the pool etc... I think the older we both got then weirder it would get for me.?
    Photobucket
  • I think all tats are terribly tacky and trashy.
  • imagemarcandjen:

Aside from the fact that it's a bit trashy.... does she only have the one kid? How would subsequent kids get the same PR?

She's only having the one.  He was a difficult pregnancy, now she can't have anymore.  Luckily she doesn't have to continue the list down a butt-cheek.

• I think it depends on what it means to you and how it looks. My daughter was sick and the Dr.s were not sure she would make it. So her father went and got a tattoo the day she was born of her name and footprints that the hospital puts on her paperwork with a cross wrapped around them saying "God's Angel" and her date of birth. I find this very sentimental and not wierd at all.
  •  

"Luckily she doesn't have to continue the list down a butt-cheek."

LOL

I would not get my child's name tattooed on my body, and definitely not in the tramp stamp area. :)

• I might put Sam's initials within another tattoo so that it isn't as noticable, but the full name is a bit much.
  • imagemama2beof2:
    I think it depends on what it means to you and how it looks. My daughter was sick and the Dr.s were not sure she would make it. So her father went and got a tattoo the day she was born of her name and footprints that the hospital puts on her paperwork with a cross wrapped around them saying "God's Angel" and her date of birth. I find this very sentimental and not wierd at all.

Not all tattoos are weird.  I was commenting more on the placement.

• I agree. I think getting your kid's names as a "tramp-stamp" is weird & is something I would never do, but I definitely want to get my kid's names tattooed somewhere!! Just something small & simple, nothing huge & gawdy!
  • I missed that part .... yes you are absolutely right .. that is pretty odd!!

Wow, I need my damn coffee or something!

:::grabs keys and heads to Dunkin' Donuts:::

• I have Anakin's name with one of his handprints and one footprint in the middle of my back (right below my bra strap--I think lol). I already have so-called tramp stamps. His was my 3rd tattoo.
  • I have my DD name tattooed on my back on the right shoulder inside of praying hands. I will get my next DC name put in there also. I must admit the tramp stamp with the child's name is kind of on the odd side.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • I have thought about getting the babies name tattooed, once its here of course.  However, the tramp stamp is not exactly the best place.
  • I'm not a huge tramp stamp person - nor am I a name-tattoo person in general. I will get some sort of a symbol for my baby.
  • my "tramp stamp" is already taken from my crazy college days  but I would consider their initals on my shoulder
  • I have a 'tramp stamp' from a long time ago, but I definitely think she is a weirdo for that. Personally no names are ever gonna go on my body. My mom does have our names very small in another tattoo on her ankle though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"