9 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Any weight gain advice?

I've just found out that I've lost five pounds since my last appointment. Earlier in the week I was in the ER and the doctor said I looked like I was just starting my 8th week, not nearly in my tenth. I thought that was odd until now. I've always had problems with gaining weight (I didn't breach 100 until the beginning of my freshman year in high school) so I was wondering if anyone had any tips on healthy weight gain.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Any weight gain advice?

• Options
    I've lost weight from so nauseas/throwing up so much and started drinking ensures, the ones specifically for weight gain or weight maintenance. That's my only suggestion I can think of!
  • Options

Hi Grace, 

I am sorry you are going through this, I can relate to how scary can be when we expect to gain it. I thought I would share some info I just recently learned...

I am only 8 weeks 3 days and I have lost 10 pound since I conceived.  I had my first check up this week and asked the nurse about it.  She said that if the baby is measuring appropriate for it's gestation that everything is fine. So you may want to schedule an appointment with your OB to follow up on what the ER doctor told you. My nurse did mention that if I loose 5 more by the next appointment (in 4 weeks) then they may look into putting me on a medication that makes me hungry.  

The nurse explained that many women loose some weight during their first trimester because they are nauseous, don't feel hungry, often eat less, and are generally eating better.  So for those of us who can afford to loose some weight it is OK.  I too have been drinking the Boost nutrition drinks, but to be honest, I don't always feel like drinking milky products.  I just have to listen to my body.  

Listen to your gut.  If you are worried then get it checked out.  Stress will only worsen the weight loss.

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"