Pre-School and Daycare

big hit 4 yr old bday gifts?

we're getting bikes & new helmets but looking for a few smaller things & also stuff to suggest to my mom... DD is getting a new CD player for her room and I am thinking of a domino game for both of them... we have a few games already and they do like playing them but are still getting into them (eg candyland, chutes/ladders, zingo, uno moo, go fish, hi ho cherry ho...).

She likes art/crafts, drawing, princesses etc

He likes hot wheels (i'm not getting any more cars or tracks tho), trucks, etc and is starting to get more interested in sports. He loves to swim, we have a few pool dive sticks &things like that... 

Thanks!

and i just noticed that i have a ton of posts on here. Either I must have a lot of questions lately (the birthday probably is the cause of that) or this is a really slow board ;) )

Re: big hit 4 yr old bday gifts?

• Magna Tiles!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelauren&matt:
    Magna Tiles!!

wow I never heard of theses but the reviews on amazon are so good--- pricey though, am I safe starting w the 32 piece set to see if they like them?? 

• Loading the player...
  • DD got the B-brand pop beads for Christmas that come in a jar/tub thingy. They are AWESOME! Even the grown-ups liked them. The only downside is that they can easily get all over your house. You really have to try to get them out, play with them, and put them away...but they held DD's attention for a LONG time and they are very cool.

She also recently got the princess cupcake game (not sure of exact name but Google it). It comes with a dozen or so little tiny cupcakes that you can build/re-build. We've never played the actual game, but the cupcakes are a huge hit. Again, it has tiny pieces that are easily lost so it's best if you can get it out, play and then put it back.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagegroovygrl:

imagelauren&matt:
    Magna Tiles!!

wow I never heard of theses but the reviews on amazon are so good--- pricey though, am I safe starting w the 32 piece set to see if they like them?? 

They are the best toy we own. Dd makes houses for her little figures like little pet shop. That get played with every day. Buy the 100 piece. 32 is not enough. Be careful of cost if you google you can find for 120 or a little less.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jc&catjc&cat member

i had to google magna tiles and now i recognize them from the children's museum. very fun!! i can't believe how $ they are though.

i was going to suggest Lego if that has not already been considered. DS LOVES lego city legos and does really well with putting them together.

• Yes to the Magna Tiles...but might want to get 2 boxes (can't make that much with just the one), stomp rocket, science kits or make your own kits, pop beads, playmobil, and stamps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"