Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Lawsuit question

Hello ladies-

Have any of you considered looking into speaking to a lawyer after the loss of your baby if you feel like you had a chance I mean? I lost our daughter as a result of her being born still. There were issues with my doctors and how they treated me.

TIA- Heather 

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8

Re: Lawsuit question

• Options
    Yes.  I don't want to divulge much more, but it will take years.  Birth injury has a long statute of limitations in my state, so it will be awhile.  There are two phases to the lawsuit.  The first is that you meet with the lawyers, and they even determine if it is worth picking up.  If it is, then they get all of your records and examine then.  They determine again if it is worth pursing, and then they will take action.  I am in the second phase, and am impatiently waiting.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have thought about it, my MIL even suggested to me.
    I blame my dr. and the hospital. Some concerns I brought up in the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy were not taken seriously and when I was sent for monitoring, I was not given a real NST.

Even though I would love to have them held accountable, we are not prusing anything. It's too hard to keep going over so many details. Also, I have read so many stories and it seems so hard to prove negligence.

If this is important to you, it can't hurt to get some legal advise. You don't want to regret it later in life.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have thought about it many, many times but have never contacted a lawyer. I don't know that there is a way to prove that being treated earlier would have changed my outcome. (I called L&D a few days before Eliott died to report decreased movement and was told all was fine and they didn't have me come in for monitoring.  I will always wonder if I had gone in, would we have him now?)
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options

Typically, these sorts of cases are difficult to prove and the factors that go into proving your case will vary tremendously from state to state.   That said, most injury and wrongful death attorneys are going to charge a contingency fee (meaning, you only pay them if you get a settlement or a victory in court and you pay nothing otherwise).

It's worth a shot to call around and see if anyone is interested in pursuing the case.  Sometimes the lawyer will take the case and take a couple weeks (or even months, depending) to see if the case has a chance of being successful....and if they don't think they can win they'll drop the case.  But it doesn't cost you anything. It cost the lawyer their time, but it's the gamble they take on you.  

When in doubt, call a lawyer ASAP.  You can royally screw up your case by giving statements you shouldn't give to the hospital/insurance company/doctor or by allowing precious evidence to disappear forever by waiting around.

imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I'm not to sure what to do in the case of lawsuit. 3 days before the still birth my daughters heart rate dropped to 90 on the nst and then on bpp not doing much movement and they sent me home.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"