October 2012 Moms
Options

teething remedies?

Anyone have any good homeopathic teething remedies? LO isn't feverish/miserable enough for me to give tylenol, but he's definitely fussy and seems to be hurting...he's not into cold teethers/frozen washcloths unfortunately.

Also, does anyone have an amber teething necklace? Any reviews?

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
BFP 9/27/14
MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14

Re: teething remedies?

• Options
    Tylenol is the only thing that works for us honestly. My pedi said it's totally totally fine to take it as needed. I never found success w anything else.

• Options
    we do Tylenol or ibuprofen.  it helps.  also juice popdicles or sugar free water ice.  and Sophie the Giraffe!!!!!!!  she's worth every penny.  they will gnaw on her legs all day!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageangelacz87:
    Also, what's miserable enough? It's my opinion that if my little one is obviously hurting, swollen gums, etc, some Tylenol or even infant Advil is just fine and very helpful. When used as directed, there are no harmful side effects with either of these medicines. I hate seeing my poor girl in pain, and I will not hesitate to use a mild pain reliever like Tylenol or Advil to ease her discomfort and help her sleep. Just my opinion! Mobile smiley!

I don't have a problem using it at night if he's really crying to help him sleep, but during the day when he's just really fussy/cranky...I dunno. I guess I don't want to overmedicate? But maybe you're right...maybe I"ll give it a try tomorrow! 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
  • Options

imagelady dixneuf:
    Tylenol is the only thing that works for us honestly. My pedi said it's totally totally fine to take it as needed. I never found success w anything else.

Thanks! I always worry that I'm giving it when I don't need to, but good to hear there's no down side, really.  

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
  • Options

imageGraysMama104:
    we do Tylenol or ibuprofen.  it helps.  also juice popdicles or sugar free water ice.  and Sophie the Giraffe!!!!!!!  she's worth every penny.  they will gnaw on her legs all day!!!

Yup we have sophie and he used to lover her but seems kind of over her recently! :( I'll try the popsicles! 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
  • Options

My go-to is frozen blueberries in her mesh net thing.  Don't know what I'd do without that thing.

I've heard Hyland's teething tablets are great.  They have lactose in them so we can't use them, but maybe that'd be worth a shot?  

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Options
    imageKittery16:

My go-to is frozen blueberries in her mesh net thing.  Don't know what I'd do without that thing.

I've heard Hyland's teething tablets are great.  They have lactose in them so we can't use them, but maybe that'd be worth a shot?  

I was using Hyland's teething tablets but then someone told me they were recalled for causing seizures!!!  I found some bad press about them online after that. 

I need to get one of those mesh things asap!  what kinds of stuff other than fruit do you guys put in there?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"