December 2011 Moms

Vacationing with your LO

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Vacationing with your LO

• I always pack pouches they great on the go and I took our travel highchair and found it really helpful for feeding G in our hotel room. Umm drawing a blank on the rest... Will stop back if I think of more

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• No idea but we're leaving for France for 11 days on 7/4 so I need help too!!! I need ideas to keep the LO's occupied on the plane for a long time. For snacks we'll be bringing some of their faves - 100 cal snack packs of Cheese its, cookies, Apple sauce pouches, fruit snacks, etc. We are trying to only pack 2 total suitcases for 5 of us - which will be interesting. Plus will bring the double BOB and pack n play for LO to sleep in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I like to make sure I have a diaper bag packed that I have a easy access to with snacks, a drink, diapers, change of clothes just in case, his shoes accessible.  I also make sure to check and double check that I've packed the things that he needs (paci, lovie, for example), and bring extras of those just in case. 

I like to get snack sized packs of things like gold fish, cheerios, and fruit because they are easier to deal with.

• I might get a lot of grief for this but I don't care :) a portable dvd player was a lifesaver for us. A couple disney movies and baby einstein dvd's. Of course bring small toys too and board books but when they need a distraction it always works for us and is worth it to me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• For our last plane ride actually bought a few foam puzzles at the dollar store on the G would play with them for a little bit and they actually turned out to be a lifesaver in that they kept him occupied much longer only downside was fishing the pieces he dropped out from inbetween the airplane seat, but imo totally worth it especially for the price

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• A small magna doodle and aqua doodle was great for us on our recent road trip.  Also, her baby doll.  She can babble to her baby all day.  Board books also.  And loads of snacks.  This worked perfect for our 9 hour drive we had this past weekend.  

Also, this sounds wierd, but DH and I lisen to audio books on the road.  She seems to really love it!  I think the talking is soothing.  We listen to mostly old stuff that's in the public domain because its free.  Last trip was pride and prejudice, this past trip was Anne of Green Gables.   

href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• ccip82ccip82 member

I am not really sure what I can add without sounding redundant, you got a lot of great advice so far!

I definitely recommend extra Ziploc bags. I brought small and large ones. I used them to store snacks, wipes, tissues, dirty clothes, etc.

Back pack carrier is great for travel. We brought it to Europe with us instead of the stroller.

As far as toys go, we always bring the ipad, a couple of board books, her favorite bunny, and a couple other small toys to keep her occupied.

Kelly- do you need any advice for your France trip? Sorry I have not got back to you, it slipped my mind!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• I don't have anything to add to pp comments, but just wanted to say I got my BOB last week and LOVE it!  I wish I got it months ago.  I'm amazed you're taking it with you.  It would easily take up half, if not more of the space in the back of my outback.  You can pick up a small umbrella stroller for cheap at most of the big box stores if space becomes an issue.
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We were on a 13-hour flight to Asia with our LO, and we brought a lot of NEW toys that DS has never played with.  They kept his interest much longer.  Magna doodle, play dough, Buckley Boo monkey (monkey or other plush animal with a few buckles on it) was great since toddlers love to play with buckles, finger puppets, mr. potato head, and color wonder markers/paper.  

I would also suggest a blanket, as we used ours to block out light and activities so he napped better.  Those handy sanitizing wet wipes were a lifesaver.  Don't forget sunblock!

Good luck and have a great time!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"