TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

Good Morning Ladies!

It's that time again. This is our bi-weekly check in, condensed version. Feel free to let us know how life is; you can b!tch, you can moan, you can brag, you can cry, whatever you want.

It's supposed to get hot and humid here starting tomorrow so here is some refreshing chilled wine coolers and cheesecake (I know it's not actual cheese, but cheesecake is much better for hot weather!) for your enjoyment!!

imageimage

TTC since April 2010
BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
~All AL always welcome~

Re: Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

• As always, I will get this party started. We got lab work drawn this morning!! It's the first "real" step we've taken towards having a baby via surrogacy and I'm quite excited. It's all basic labs (mostly STD testing), so now we wait for the results and go from there. 

Non-TTCAL news: it looks like I will be going to Branson, Missouri with DH in August. He has to work part of my birthday weekend down there, so I will be going with him to hang out and see the city. Not sure what is down there, but any excuse not to come to work is a good one!

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• EKGibsEKGibs member

Hi Sammer! I'm so glad you are getting closer to the surrogacy!

Enjoy your trip to Branson. My parents are actually there right now. I've been there probably 10 times so if you want to know the good stuff to do, feel free to ask me. BTW, there is a winery that gives free tours & a wine tasting.Wink

As usual, I don't have any updates.As for AF, apparently my cycles are getting lighter & shorter. I hope I didn't jinx next month but the past two have been so much lighter than I'm used to. I also only took pain meds one day, normal is at least two days. Fx that this will continue!

TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Loading the player...
  • Hi Sammer! I'm glad things are starting to move along for you. FX that your blood work comes back quickly and things will gain momentum from there! Enjoy your trip with DH! I've never been there, but like you said, anything is better than work!

EK: Yay for shorter and lighter cycles! And especially for decreased pain. FX this becomes your new normal!

As for me, it's almost 4pm and I've just slept off the anesthesia from my hysteroscopy this morning. All went well and the doctor was able to clip the 2 adhesions. I'll have my follow up next week, but he seems optimistic that this and a few rounds of Clomid should do the trick.

Non TTCALR (sort of): The gluten free diet is going pretty well so far. It hasn't been as big of a sacrifice as I thought. I think I'll miss beer the most! Just about everything else has a reasonable substitute so it just takes a little more planning on my part. I know they make gluten free beer, but somehow that just seems wrong! I guess it worth a shot.

((Hugs)) all around!  

BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Hi Sammer! Thank you for running the check-in. I'm glad things are moving forward with the surrogacy and FX that everything comes back quickly. 

EK - Yay for less pain! I hope this is your new normal. 

LunaBug- I am so glad your hysteroscopy went well and your doctor is optimistic about your plan going forward!

Update on me - We are 6dpo on our first medicated cycle. I really am not optimistic about this. Even if it works, I fully expect that it will just end in another loss. My egg quality is horrific and there is no getting around that fact.  So, I asked DH if he would be willing to discuss donor eggs with the RE next time we go in. When I first broached the topic in May, he was against it and wanted to do adoption instead - now, he gets it and he is open to finding out more. I think his original concern was the fact that my DNA would not be involved. He listened to my thoughts and could see where I was coming from. Adoption is also an option but we can't even think about exploring that until after our move.

On the non-TTCAL front, 3 weekends left before the Bar so lots of studying going on in the Bug household. 

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
  • My first time joining in on this.

Sammer, I'm glad to see your surrogate stuff is moving forward.  It has to be a scary step, but hopefully it will have amazing results.

TTC related: Initial RE consult is next Friday.  So far my b/w looks normal...and DH is dragging his feet on getting his SA done.  Frustrating.  We'll see what the RE recommends, I'm curious what she'll have to say.  FW is this coming week (should be wrapping up right around the RE apt), so we will see what that brings.

Non-TTC related: Things are progressing for our move in the fall.  I'm leaving Cali in late Sept, with DH to follow in Oct.  We'll be in VA in Oct, will do some visits to see family, and then he's supposed to be deploying in/around November.  Crazy fall.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• sammer - Eeek that's so exciting! I hope things keep moving forward. Have fun on your trip!

EKGibs - I'm glad your cycles have continued to be a little lighter. I've been thinking about you and your job search, I hope you find something soon.

LunaBug - I'm so glad your hysteroscopy went well!!

buggirl - I'm glad you were able to talk to DH and that he was receptive. These decisions are so, so hard. ((hugs))

maddielynn - That's so exciting about adopting! I can't wait to read your blog.

mattsgirl - I'm glad you and DH were able to come to a decision you're both happy with. ((hugs))

Junebug - GL at your appt. I hope you can come up with a plan everyone is happy with.

My update: Not much. Still TTA for a while longer. Waiting for my appt with this new dr on the 30th. Trying not to feel too sorry for myself/give up hope in the meantime. I am a few weeks into my half marathon training, which is keeping my mind occupied and my body busy so I have less time to feel down in the dumps, so that's good!

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + cytotec.
    Currently TTA until Fall 2013, waiting for operative hysteroscopy
    Blog   ​Chart

• imagemaddielynn321:

Sammer, I hope everything comes back quickly! What's the next step after this?

EK, I love hearing that your cycles are being a lot nicer! I hope this really becomes a normal for you.

Luna, I love that your dr is so optimistic. I have such a hard time imagining a gluten free diet. Go you!

Bug- When do you go to your next RE visit? I'm so sorry you're feeling so crummy about this cycle. Totally get it though. Sad So many hugs. I'm glad to hear that your husband is open to a donor egg now though. That's great.

My update: On the TTC front, DH still really wants to try once more. I am not really at a place that I feel comfortable committing to TTC. We may NTNP until we're in the house. At that time we'll be jumping into the adoption process head on. We've already met with an agency. I also wrote our adoption support letter and plan to start our adoption blog. (Actually, I created it already, I just need to get around the first post. Ha.)

That's where we're at. 

I next see the RE on CD3, so sometime next week probably. I'm leaning towards trying one more treatment cycle but I would like to ask the RE what he thinks about donor eggs - it's just kind of difficult to have a real discussion while getting a follicle check done. 

I'm really excited for you on the adoption process! I know that is my husband's first choice (between IVF and adoption). He was adopted by his dad so it's something that he has always wanted to do. With our move to another state, we have had to put doing anything on that front on the back burner until after the move. 

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"