San Diego Babies
Options

Scripps La Jolla v. UCSD for birth

Hi, 

I just moved to SD and I am trying to decide between Scripps and UCSD. Can anyone share their experience or recommend a good OBGYN?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Re: Scripps La Jolla v. UCSD for birth

• Options
    I used the midwifery services at UCSD and switched over to sharp at 25 weeks. I felt that the midwives were great but the staff was so unorganized. I also felt like I wasn't receiving the type of care I deserved. I honestly wouldn't recommend UCSD although I know a lot of people that loved the OB's there.

GL with whatever you decide!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Dr. E. Duhamel w/Scripps Enc La Jolla
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSoCalBrandi:
    Dr. E. Duhamel w/Scripps Enc La Jolla

I also use dr duhamel and love her! She works out of Encinitas but delivers at la Jolla. She is wonderful. I just had my 6 week pp check today and was sad that if I am not pregnant I won't see her for a year!

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• Options
    Dr Nicole Nguyen delivered my first baby and am planning to stick with her for this next one. She has an office in Carmel Valley and Poway and delivers at Pomerado or Scripps la jolla. I had my son at scripps la jolla and had a great experience there.
  • Options
    I had Dr. Karen Lee (CV Women's Health) who delivers at La Jolla Scripps.  I chose La Jolla Scripps only because my sister works in their neonatal unit.  Not that I was planning on my babies ending up in the unit (which, in the end, they did for 10 days), but I know she works with amazing nurses & spoke highly of the labor & delivery staff.  The staff in all areas were great, the room was clean, & the food wasn't too bad.  I can't comment on UCSD since I had no experience there.

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had Dr. Karen Lee (CV Women's Health) who delivers at La Jolla Scripps.  I chose La Jolla Scripps only because my sister works in their neonatal unit.  Not that I was planning on my babies ending up in the unit (which, in the end, they did for 10 days), but I know she works with amazing nurses & spoke highly of the labor & delivery staff.  The staff in all areas were great, the room was clean, & the food wasn't too bad.  I can't comment on UCSD since I had no experience there.

• Options

• Options
    I'm at UCSD and I love it. I was taken there by an ambulance when I was in a horrible accident a few years ago and have used UCSD ever since because I had such a great experience. So far the OBGYN clinic has been great - I'm at 17 weeks.
  • Options
    Dr. Heather Gunnarson at IGO medical group. She delivers through scripps la jolla.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    I also use IGO medical group....any of the doctors in that group are awesome. They all deliver at Scripps La Jolla. 
  • Options
    I had my son at UCSD my OB was Dr. Lacoursie she was amazing. She even came in on her day off because they paged her to advise I was giving birth! It is a teaching hospital so we did get that "greys anatomy" vibe but overall everyone was fabulous!  I'll admit I really wanted to give birth at Scripps La Jolla because it sounded more like a hotel than anything..BUT UCSD was so thorough with everything I am definitely going to go them again if the lord blesses us with another child!
  • Options
    I decided to go with Dr. Robertson at IGO Medical Group (they deliver at Scrpps LJ). First appointment went great so far I think it was the right decision. Thanks everyone for the feedback :)
  • Options
    I'll be delivering at Scripps La Jolla.  My OB is Dr. Salzetti.  LOVE HIM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"