October 2012 Moms
Options

Marriage Counseling

How do you go about finding someone?  How did you bring it up with your SO?

Dh and I have been fighting. A lot. He said today he doesn't trust me anymore. Something needs to change. Ughhhh this sucks balls.

I have to post and run.. Hopefully mobile works later.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

Re: Marriage Counseling

• Options
    We never ended up going, so I'm not sure how much help I'll be. I looked online for counselors in our area and reviewed their ratings. I told DH I think we should go but he doesn't seem to feel the same way. When we're good, which is the majority of the time, we're really good. But when things are bad, it's sooooo bad and stays bad for way too long.

Good luck and sorry to hear you're going through this. Hugs!

• Options
    LorMorLorMor member

Ouch. Sorry you are in this situation. But good for you for looking for help.

We haven't needed to, but if we did, our go to person would be the guy who married us. He's a former priest who studied psychology and did our premarital counselling.

Do you have somebody like that? Always so difficult to find a counselor who you both like and trust. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugh I hate that feeling and have been there! Another option you could consider is going to a church. We go to a non denominational christian church and they have some great counseling there. You could use the terms "we, us, our" "This is something we can benefit from and get back to us, work on trust issues and build it back up again. Let's work on keeping our family together and healthy".

Good luck on approaching him. I know how hard it is when your marriage is suffering. It makes me feel like my world is falling apart. If your love for each other is there and you just need to works out some kinks you might have some real success. 

• Options
    However you find them make sure it sits right with you. Also my mom is a counselor and she told me that a couples counselor should not see the individuals separately... There is a trustthere that is broken when a counselor sees one of the people without tthe other I didn't believe it but after dealing with a couples counselor that really screwed me up who insisted one seeing us both together and individually I see the reason. Best case you have your own counselor, he has his own, and you have a couples counselor... And if they are all in the same place they can coordinate care. Just my two cents from what I've learned and seen. This was policy at my mom's office.

As far as approaching him.. Sometimes written word carries more weight if you can write it from love in my situation I told him I loved him and I wanted him to take the weekend to think it over. That worked better then talking it through together. Monday am he agreed
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for your thoughts and input. It really helps. I'll look into our insurance tomorrow and figure out how to approach him. I just never thought we'd be here. Lame.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"