Birthday Parties
Options

Theme: butterfly and it's a first birthday.

Paying $50 dollars for the venue and inviting about 50 give or take. I would really like to keep food and decor under $250 and would like a photo banner and a happy birthday banner, would ideally like to make these myself.

Give me any ideas you have :) Please and thanks in advance ! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Theme: butterfly and it's a first birthday.

• Options
    Personally I think you need to cut the guest list. I just don't see how you can feed 50 and decorate for 250. Maybe others will have some great ideas. But my advise is to cut the list down to 30'ish. Even if you make everything...

Actually I went to a party last weekend where pizza and subway sandwiches were served. Not sure if that fits your budget but it is a less expensive way to go for catered food.
  • Options
    I think that's a tight budget for 50 people, but with creativity and help you might be able to do it.  If you don't mind doing a pot luck style, or at least asking a few friends to make dishes that will go a long way.  As for decor, I'd pick a specific type of butterfly to set a color scheme and use construction paper to make butterflies to decorate with.  You could put them on walls or hang them with yarn from the ceiling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebelladonna11307:
    I think that's a tight budget for 50 people, but with creativity and help you might be able to do it.  If you don't mind doing a pot luck style, or at least asking a few friends to make dishes that will go a long way.  As for decor, I'd pick a specific type of butterfly to set a color scheme and use construction paper to make butterflies to decorate with.  You could put them on walls or hang them with yarn from the ceiling.

Hmm...birthday parties are gift giving events (no matter how you word the invitation) so asking guests to cater your event, IMO, isn't appropriate.

LOVE the construction paper ideas! You could make a Happy Birthday banner by stringing them together, or put pics of DD on them or decorate them in endless ways...

I got loads of bda ideas from pintrest.  It was overwhelming but eventually I settled on and executed a few of my favorites.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"