North Carolina Babies

Jacksonville FTM

29 weeks FTM here. It Looks like I'm moving back to jacksonville next month. I was only there for 6 months didn't expect to be there long so I didn't bother to make friends or learn about anything in that town but since I'm going to be moving back plan on being there over a year I guess I better start.

Can anyone tell me if there's a mommy workout group I can join or anything like stroller strides we had in AZ where a bunch of moms get together with their kids in strollers exercise?
And moms groups at all that are active? Or if anyone wants to start one Count me in.
A farmers market?
Anywhere I should go for the best organic foods to make baby food?
Best place to shop for baby stuff besides BRU?
Thanks for the info ladies!

Re: Jacksonville FTM

• hello! im here in jacksonville. you will find many people dont like thisarea but i have been here over 7 years and love it! i dont know of any mommy fitness programs personally but i am sure there are some. there is a lejeune wives page on facebook with tons of posts about all the things going on around here. there are a few famers markets. one is behind dicks sporting goods on western blvd and one is out on 258 towards the airport. they are seasonal so they will only be here through summer and fall. there are also lots of random stands on the side of the road selling local produce.  i have found one organic market downtown past the main post office (near camp johnson) if you ever go out to topsail island there are a few fruit/ veggies stands and lots of fresh caught fish! good luck!
  • Thank you for responding. I went to the farmers market behind dicks and it looks like it's closed down for good but maybe i was just too late. I'll check the other one. I think we're good on fish because hubby took a day fishing trip with the guys so I have 50lbs of fish in the deep freezer now I just need to learn to cook it. We just moved into our new house and it looks like my neighbor is a gardener so I'm gonna see what she's growing and hubby is going to make me a large buggy garden in the backyard so I can grow veggies for my baby food. Wish me luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHope4twins2015:
    Thank you for responding. I went to the farmers market behind dicks and it looks like it's closed down for good but maybe i was just too late. I'll check the other one. I think we're good on fish because hubby took a day fishing trip with the guys so I have 50lbs of fish in the deep freezer now I just need to learn to cook it. We just moved into our new house and it looks like my neighbor is a gardener so I'm gonna see what she's growing and hubby is going to make me a large buggy garden in the backyard so I can grow veggies for my baby food. Wish me luck.

The farmer's market is now in The Commons on Thursdays from 12-6 and at the other location on Saturdays and Tuesdays. I am part of a free Fit Club here in Jacksonville if you would like more info!

• EzulaEzula member
    Hey! I'm just north of you, in Emerald Isle. I'm 16 weeks and found a few awesome groups for moms and expecting ladies in Jacksonville and New Bern areas off of meetup.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"