Georgia Babies

Car Accident

I have not posted to this board in a while. I check in every now and then but it seems most of the regular posters have quit hanging out here.

Anyway, I was in a car accident today with my 2 year old son in the car. We are fine. I was cited at fault. It is a horribly Mommy guilt inducing experience to be told you were the cause of putting your child in harm's way. I am not looking for sympathy at all. i am posting this because the experience has made me realize distracted driving is not just messing with your phone or fiddling for something in your purse. I had just taken note of some new restaurants going up on a stretch of road I had not driven in a while..and that took my attention just long enough for an accident to happen.

So my PSA is to remind yourself every time you get behind the wheel to keep your eyes on the road. I know I will! Also, I thank God for super safe car seats. The other driver collided on the same side of the car my son was seated on ( but thankfully not directly into where he was) and there is not  a scratch on him.

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
DS-6
c/p- April 2016
missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

Re: Car Accident

• Glad to hear everyone is okay! It is very easy to see how this could happen to anyone since there are so many distractions in the car and on the road.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • I'm so glad you both are ok! I was in a car accident a year and a half ago with Abigail in the car. My fault as well. It's so easy to get distracted when you have kids in the car!
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank goodness everyone's ok! There have been several times I've wanted to slap myself for getting distracted by something while driving, and I always yell at my husband for looking at the GPS too closely while driving.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • myrallmyrall member
    So glad you're okay!!!
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Glad you guys are okay!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• KerrinKerrin member
    Glad to hear that everyone is safe!!
  • K&P414K&P414 member
    So glad you are okay!  I caught myself just the other day zoned out thinking about my grocery list.  Such a scary feeling when you realize you weren't paying attention to the road!  
  • Oh yikes! Glad you guys are ok. You are so right-it's so easy to get distracted!

• I'm so glad everyone is ok. It's a great reminder. I often see people who are distracted by more than a phone. The other day a lady almost hit a curb while throwing a cigarette out the window.
    photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Thanks all! The internal bruising from the seatbelt/airbag has been painful but so much better than the alternative.

Glad this turned out to be nothing more than a huge wake up call!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Glad you are ok! Let me know if you need a great lawyer to handle any claims. My lawyer when I was in an accident was fabulous!
  • Glad everyone is ok! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"