November 2011 Moms
Options

I so needed to read this today

This whole 2u2 thing had been pretty easy until about 2 weeks ago.  DD1 has turned into an emotional, demanding child who flips her sh!t at the drop of a hat and DD2 has become a hitting, hair pulling, biting beast that pisses off the sensitive 3 year old every other minute!  I was on vacation last week and I couldn't wait for Monday to come so I could go back to work! 

This article is just what I needed to read right now: 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/blackberry/p.html?id=3209305

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
my read shelf:
Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary

Re: I so needed to read this today

• Options
    I really liked that.  Sometimes I wonder what the hell I was thinking by voluntarily have 2u2.  DS1 is definitely in the throws of the terrible 2s with the tantrums, whining, hitting, and all the other joys of toddlerhood, while DS2 is in full on needy, separation anxiety mode who won't let mom more than 2 feet from him.  I have definitely been feeling overwhelmed and hit with the need to run and hide for just a few minutes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

That is very true! Sorry things have gotten to batsh!t-crazy at your house, OP. I can't say that things would have been any better if you had more years between your girls. There's 4y6m between my two and there's no balance (not the kind of balance I was telling myself there would be between them). The one phrase I tell myself over and over when I get stressed is "This too shall pass."

In the article where he says that the line "Enjoy every minute of your kids" is aweful, is exactly how I feel. I guess I wouldn't have such a problem with it if the people who were saying it wouldn't tell me while my kids are misbehaving. Something like this would be better "When they've grown up and moved out of the house, you'll forget that you had these bad days, and you will only remember the good ones."

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"