High-Risk Pregnancy

Saturday Bed Rest Check In

Good Morning Ladies

How did we sleep last night?

I slept pretty well if you don't count the bathroom trips .

What are everyone's plans for today?

QOTD Has the nesting bug hit you yet ? what have you done to make it go away?

Yes the bug has hit me and my doctors have oked  me to move around more so I've been picking one project a day  yesterday was wash everything including the bathmat in the bath tub easy way to get it really clean throw it into a load of towels and wash away.

Re: Saturday Bed Rest Check In

• I actually slept pretty well, probably because I was back in my own bed.

I do feel like there is a lot that needs to be done in my house. Right now I am just telling DH what needs to be done. It takes forever though, because he obviously doesn't have the sense of urgency about it that I do. Oh well, I guess eventually it will get done.

I would love to be able to move around more, but since I just had another bleeding episode, I really have to be careful how much I'm up.

BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Angelchild, I feel the same way about my husband. In the beginning weeks of sbr I felt as though I would explode on the inside waiting for him to do things, haha! 

Slept Ok. Not much going on here today. My aunt will come stay while my husband works. Other than that I'll be here in bed. 

I want to nest, but I can't of course. I'm at the mercy of watching others. My glider is coming tomorrow. I think I'll have family rearrange the furniture in the nursery. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Inn2Inn2 member

Morning, everyone!

Once the baby stopped it's 24 hour dance party on/in my cervix and on my bladder, I slept fine.  Wowzers did it start to hurt after awhile!  

My nesting has been solved by laying propped up with pillows and watching my SO build baby furniture and set up nursery.  2 pieces down and 2 to buy/build to go!

Happy day, everyone! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I slept fine until early this morning when my contractions would not quit. I was having up to 7 and hour for three hours so I went to labor and delivery. Of course they stopped when I got to the hospital and was hooked up to the monitor. I was glad they stopped but I felt a little silly for going in. Now I'm more tired and probably going to take a nap. What a long day already.

The nesting bug has hit me, and I think I am just going to start delegating jobs to family members. They all keep asking how they can help since I am stuck in bed, and so I think I will put them to work. Lol.
    fittest mom photo FITTEST-MOM_zps2351b4e2.gif
  • Feeling great at 36 weeks!! Slept great other than bathroom trips also!

No big plans today. DH got the crib with mattress wrap all set up. DH is on nights, so having a gal spend the night each night until he's done. Then Monday we go in and have an appt to finally get this stitch snipped. I was a little bummed last week when it didn't happen. Praying it all goes fine.

Nesting? Yes. But I have to tell others what to do...so it's not super productive. :D another day and a half!!
    Married to my dream husband
    Mom to 2 year old BG twins (Incompetant cervix, cerclage, and LOTS of bed rest)
    Pregnant with our next!
  • DH came home from being OOT with work, so I slept all snuggly.  I am on modified bedrest so I can get up a little, so everytime I run to the bathroom I try to clean up something.  My mom picked me up and took me yard saling today.  Which means that she drives, she gets out, and then brings baby stuff over to the car if she wants me to see it.  I am like a princess.  And then it is right back to bed.   She did get some toys for the baby, which makes me feel better, like my mom truly believes that things will be ok and the baby will get to come home.  As for nesting, my mom is nesting more than me.  She has taken over all the things that need to be done and has told my dad and hubby what they need to do each day.  Which is great because I am feeling kind of cloudy so I asked her to help me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsCaseyK:
    Feeling great at 36 weeks!! Slept great other than bathroom trips also! No big plans today. DH got the crib with mattress wrap all set up. DH is on nights, so having a gal spend the night each night until he's done. Then Monday we go in and have an appt to finally get this stitch snipped. I was a little bummed last week when it didn't happen. Praying it all goes fine. Nesting? Yes. But I have to tell others what to do...so it's not super productive. :D another day and a half!!

Congratulations!!! 
  • Thank you!!

I'm on mobile so I'm trying to remember who's up next for babies, Nantucket, you have a section date scheduled, right? And CNYBride, are you scheduled for the 18th? So happy for you gals!!
    Married to my dream husband
    Mom to 2 year old BG twins (Incompetant cervix, cerclage, and LOTS of bed rest)
    Pregnant with our next!
  • so far I have gotten milk from grocery also got a pair of crocs came home only to realize I grabbed the  wrong size , well that leaves me with a errand for tomorrow .

I have gotten the bathroom and kitchen almost finished just have to sweep and mop kitchen finish wiping down and mopping bathroom then it's on to the carpets which will be easy as it is only one room that needs to be cleaned   

• I slept pretty cruddy, we were in the hospital for observation.  I think I slept about three hours?  They gave me sleeping meds since I haven't slept well in days.

What are everyone's plans for today?

Sit in bed, try to be thankful I'm home, try not to cry too much about not being a fun mom. 

QOTD Has the nesting bug hit you yet ? what have you done to make it go away?

Yes, but thankfully I have an awesome sister who is also pregnant who came over and cleaned, organized and did everything I wanted to do.  I've done nothing about it.  If I get out of bed or even sit up contractions start back up. 

• imageMrsCaseyK:
    Thank you!! I'm on mobile so I'm trying to remember who's up next for babies, Nantucket, you have a section date scheduled, right? And CNYBride, are you scheduled for the 18th? So happy for you gals!!

Woohoo 36 weeks!  

My induction keeps getting moved, but as of now, is on for July 18th!  36/4, so almost not preemie.  I'm so thrilled!  I'm also loving being more mobile, but am super swollen. 

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• Lbear8Lbear8 member
    Today we had friend in from out of town and it was great to have them over!!!!

The nesting bug has hit. I'm limiting it to projects DH can bring to me and making a list for the weeks that I'm off bed rest
  • Aiche, if no one else has taken you up on taking over check in, I could do it. I hope to have at least another month of bed rest. 
  • I actually slept well last night :) 

Today I got some visitors, MIL,SIL and all her kids lol they cooked and cleaned for me :) feels good to have ppl over...

Today I met a very emotional milestone. I loss my son 21wk 3days back in aug. even though I am on bed rest, I am happy LO is safe in me holding strong with my cervix 2.8 and cerclage in place... Next milestone 24wks... Count down begins 18 more days....

• imagekneenah1231:

I actually slept well last night :) 

Today I got some visitors, MIL,SIL and all her kids lol they cooked and cleaned for me :) feels good to have ppl over...

Today I met a very emotional milestone. I loss my son 21wk 3days back in aug. even though I am on bed rest, I am happy LO is safe in me holding strong with my cervix 2.8 and cerclage in place... Next milestone 24wks... Count down begins 18 more days....

I am so sorry. I'm glad you have family there with you today. Praying for you and your LO! 
  • 3 more days... I am scheduled for my c-section Wed 7/17 at 37w2d. I was hoping for 7/18 to get a day in between DS' and twins' birthdays but Dr would prefer Wed as I am a "complicated case" due to extensive adhesions and on Wed I will be her only c-section and she will have an attending assisting rather than a resident. I can't argue with that...

The last few nights have become increasingly rougher. I wake up in the middle of the night 2 to 3 times with painful contractions. I am definitely getting close, scheduled or not. During the day I can only walk around a little as the pressure from the babies is making my legs and feet half numb. I am petite at 5'2" and 100 lbs normally. I'm carrying 40+ extra pounds, pretty much all in my belly. It is stretched to capacity and I am always uncomfortable unless laying down on my side. :

Oh definitely on the nesting. I started months ago ordering bedding/cribs/rugs for the twins and new furniture/bedding/etc for DS as well. Luckily DH has been washing/putting together/installing everything I have been ordering. :)

MrsCaseyK congrats on 36 weeks! I can't believe we've all made it this far. I feel like I want a "bedrest works" button!

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

• imageMrsCaseyK:
    Thank you!! I'm on mobile so I'm trying to remember who's up next for babies, Nantucket, you have a section date scheduled, right? And CNYBride, are you scheduled for the 18th? So happy for you gals!!

Yes I'm scheduled for the 17th. I was hoping for the 18th... 

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

• imageCNYBride05:

imageMrsCaseyK:

Woohoo 36 weeks!  

My induction keeps getting moved, but as of now, is on for July 18th!  36/4, so almost not preemie.  I'm so thrilled!  I'm also loving being more mobile, but am super swollen. 

the 18th is my c-section date how neat if we had our babies on the same day
  • imagestaceymack:
    Aiche, if no one else has taken you up on taking over check in, I could do it. I hope to have at least another month of bed rest. 

Ok you can take over what day did you want to start ? 

• imageaiche Umm Ayoub:

imagestaceymack:
    Aiche, if no one else has taken you up on taking over check in, I could do it. I hope to have at least another month of bed rest. 

Ok you can take over what day did you want to start ? 

Aiche, whenever you'd like. 

Wow ladies! It's going to be an exciting week! I'm so happy for you all! 
  • imagekneenah1231:

I actually slept well last night :) 

I'm sorry for your loss, glad you had family with you today. Sending you lots of thoughts and prayers for you and your LO!

• imageNantucketSunset:

3 more days... I am scheduled for my c-section Wed 7/17 at 37w2d. I was hoping for 7/18 to get a day in between DS' and twins' birthdays but Dr would prefer Wed as I am a "complicated case" due to extensive adhesions and on Wed I will be her only c-section and she will have an attending assisting rather than a resident. I can't argue with that...

The last few nights have become increasingly rougher. I wake up in the middle of the night 2 to 3 times with painful contractions. I am definitely getting close, scheduled or not. During the day I can only walk around a little as the pressure from the babies is making my legs and feet half numb. I am petite at 5'2" and 100 lbs normally. I'm carrying 40+ extra pounds, pretty much all in my belly. It is stretched to capacity and I am always uncomfortable unless laying down on my side. :

Oh definitely on the nesting. I started months ago ordering bedding/cribs/rugs for the twins and new furniture/bedding/etc for DS as well. Luckily DH has been washing/putting together/installing everything I have been ordering. :)

MrsCaseyK congrats on 36 weeks! I can't believe we've all made it this far. I feel like I want a "bedrest works" button!

Congrats Nantucket! I will keep you in my thoughts for a smooth c-section.

• imageMrsCaseyK:
    Feeling great at 36 weeks!! Slept great other than bathroom trips also! No big plans today. DH got the crib with mattress wrap all set up. DH is on nights, so having a gal spend the night each night until he's done. Then Monday we go in and have an appt to finally get this stitch snipped. I was a little bummed last week when it didn't happen. Praying it all goes fine. Nesting? Yes. But I have to tell others what to do...so it's not super productive. :D another day and a half!!

Somehow I missed your post, and caught it when others responded.

Yay for getting the stitch snipped, and 36 weeks!

• imageaiche Umm Ayoub:
    imageCNYBride05:

imageMrsCaseyK:

Woohoo 36 weeks!  

the 18th is my c-section date how neat if we had our babies on the same day

That is really cool! I'm still fairly new to this board, but I thought I had read you both were scheduled for the 18th. Looking forward to updates about your babies on the outside!

• Lbear8Lbear8 member
    Sounds like a big week full of milestones. Congrats and good luck :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"