Birth Stories
Options

Annanbelle's birth, my recovery

Annabelle had a due date of July 2nd. Since I delivered early with my previous pregnancies, that I had a good chance of delivering early with this one as well. At my 36 week check up everything was looking good. I also had a growth u/s and she was measuring on time. My cervix was soft and I wasn't dilated. I was beginning to swell a little and my BP was creeping upward, but nothing that brought concern to my OB. In the 5 days following this appointment, things went downhill pretty quick. I was felling very uncomfortable and the swelling was getting worse. So I called my OB and was told to go to L&D to me checked out. They monitored me for about an hour and a half and everything looked ok. When my OB came in to check on me, he told me he wanted me to be admitted overnight for monitoring and some tests. My BP was at 150/90, I had protein in my urine and my swelling was getting concerning. So, I stayed overnight and did all the tests and looked forward to going home the next afternoon.

By the next afternoon, I was told it was best to be induced do to Preeclampsia. My swelling was a concern, my BP was still increasing and the protein in my 24 hr urine test was at +4000. By 9pm the Cervidil was in place and I was offered a pill to help me sleep to get rested up for labor, I took it. By 3am, I had a really bad headache and the labor pain was so bad I was crying for an epidural. I was only dilated 2cm. They gave me an epidural and they also stated me on Magnesium Sulfate. It the hours following, I did get rest but it had seemed that my body had stalled and I wasn't progressing beyond 3 cm. By 2pm, it was getting down to the decision on having a c-section. I was exhausted and feeling the effects of the magnesium, I had decided on the c-section. As they were preparing the OR, I began to feel lots of pressure. I told my husband to call the nurse. She came in and checked me, I had gone from 3cm to 10 cm and ready to push. I pushed for 11 minutes and our little angel was here! Our Annabelle Rylee was born on June 11th at 2:54pm weighing  6lb 1oz. 

When it came time to deliver the placenta, it wouldn't detach. The OB tried for an hour to manually detach it but it wasn't detaching. I was taken to the OR to have it surgically removed. I had lost a lot of blood and they were considering a blood transfusion, it turned out I didn't need a blood transfusion.

It the day or so following here birth is a fog. We were ok'd for release 3 days after her birth. Annabelle was doing great. I wasn't feeling too well that day and had a low fever, we all figured my milk was coming in. We all went home together.

24 hours later I was in the ER with a temp of 101.7 and a BP of 162/97. I was admitted back to the OB unit and put back on Magnesium Sulfate at a higher dosage than the time previous. I spent another 6 days in the hospital, they took a lot of blood and other labs to find out what was going on. They found out I had a uterine infection.  I was released after my white blood count came down to normal range and was sent home on plenty of antibiotics. During this time I was happy the unit let Annabelle and my husband room in with me. It helped keep me from being more depressed than I already was because I wasn't home starting our life as a new family. We are all home now and doing very well.        

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Annanbelle's birth, my recovery

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"