November 2011 Moms

House listed (finally)!

I'm so excited to finally have our house put on the market! It's been a long 8 months of improvements and budgeting since we first decided to do it. And the house looks great, if I do say so myself. Here's hoping for that "dream" buyer! Big Smile
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: House listed (finally)!

• Exciting! Hope you are moving into your dream home.
  • mcvgalmcvgal member
    Good luck! I hope it sells quickly for you

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good luck! I hope you find a great buyer soon. 

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • jb2rnjb2rn member

best of luck!

we are in Germany, and our house in Utah is under contract, hoping it will actually sell, it will be a huge weight off our shoulders!

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• imageRedCamaro:
    I'm so excited to finally have our house put on the market! It's been a long 8 months of improvements and budgeting since we first decided to do it. And the house looks great, if I do say so myself. Here's hoping for that "dream" buyer! Big Smile

Congratulations and good luck!!!!  We just sold our house (well, still under contract - close in 2 weeks) and lucked out and totally had a dream sale (*knock on wood*....as I said, we still have to make it to closing!). 

It is sort of funny all the sprucing up you do to a house to get it ready to go on the market.  All the things you "deal with" when you live there but know you have to fix/finish before a sale.  (We were living with some half painted walls for YEARS before we finished before putting it on the market last time!  Ha!)  

We tried to sell a couple years ago while pregnant with DD, had the house on the market for 3 months (as we concurrently looked for a house to buy for 3 months), but not a single offer on our house and we couldn't find a house we wanted to buy so we took it off the market because we didn't want to be looking/have our house for sale with a newborn.

The two biggest things we did different this time before we put it on the market and I think made a HUGE difference (besides getting a new realtor - our realtor last time was not a great guy):  (1) we had it professionally cleaned.  Best $300 I ever spent.  With a toddler I would NEVER be able to do what they did.  Not to mention, they made my stained sink and stove top shine like I never thought possible.  (2) our realtor paid for a stager - a guy to come in a work with our own furniture to help accentuate the home.  We moved a couple big pieces into the garage and decluttered, decluttered, decluttered (we packed up what seemed like half our house before it was even on the market!).  He also suggested buying a few things to spruce up the place (table runners, plants, etc) that I spent probably less than $200.  The house looked AWESOME.  And I'm convinced that both of those things helped it sell the first weekend this time!  (We were also selling during a slightly better market this time, I think.)

We move to our new house next weekend so now it is packing, packing, packing and I have had zero bump time lately.  So it was funny that I snuck on for a break and saw your post!

Anyway....GOOD LUCK!!!  Buying and selling is so stressful and so much work!  Great job getting it on the market - that's half the battle!  I was just a mess the week leading to getting ours on the market...  I wish you a quick and easy sale!  Multiple offers!  Over asking price!  Cash!  ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for all the well wishes, Ladies! And thanks for the advice, Natty! I've been doing my own staging. I know it's not as good as a pro, but it's better than what we were living with. We've taken a lot of things to storage (even filled it up), but it still feels like we have so much! Well, our first showing will be tomorrow. I am definitely going to get some more staging things tonight. Have a great weekend, Ladies!
  • Good luck!  I hope it sells quickly!
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"