Trying to Get Pregnant

Wisdom Teeth

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT asking if you think I'm pregnant.... I know you can''t know. :) 

I've been lurking for quite some time and have made a few posts. However, this is my first month of serious temping and was hoping for some of your expertise.  I'm a very patient person and would normally wait to see a few more temps before posting anything like this. However, I had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted this morning and am unsure how the medications and oral surgery will effect my temperatures over the next few days.  Do you think the swelling/Vicodin/Ibuprofen will cause increased/decreased temps? 

To me (very inexperienced with temping), it looks like this morning's temp may be the start of a triphasic pattern (or just wishful thinking)?? Is that even possible at only 7dpo.  Since this is my first month temping, I don't know my normal LP.  TIA for any info you may help provide!

Re: Wisdom Teeth

• imageGhostMonkey:

I would not even bother temping the next few days. You have confirmed O right? then there's really no point in temping so missing a few days at this point won't matter.

This was my first thought. If you think your meds, etc are messing with your temps, just take a break from the temping for now. If it were me, I would. Otherwise I'd be analyzing the crap out of something that might end up being nothing. 

• imageGhostMonkey:

I would not even bother temping the next few days. You have confirmed O right? then there's really no point in temping so missing a few days at this point won't matter.

This... if you already have confirmed O on your chart temping doesn't really matter now.  Temping just confirms O more or less. 

• Loading the player...
  • DHRH22DHRH22 member
    Thanks for all of your input!
  • imageGhostMonkey:
    I would not even bother temping the next few days. You have confirmed O right? then there's really no point in temping so missing a few days at this point won't matter.nbsp;

This.

Postsurgical temps are typically higher than normal due to inflammation and other factors.

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• imagestufie:
    imageGhostMonkey:

This was my first thought. If you think your meds, etc are messing with your temps, just take a break from the temping for now. If it were me, I would. Otherwise I'd be analyzing the crap out of something that might end up being nothing. 

All of this.  FF can sometimes move CHs but that's a good temp spike and you had positive OPKs, so I think you're good to stop temping.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• If your chart looks triphasic FF actually lets you know, even then triphasic really doesn't mean anything. Non pregnant charts go triphasic almost as often as pregnant charts, I've had a couple of triphasic charts myself that we're not BFPs. Don't worry about your temps for the next few days and just deal with healing from your dental work, and try not to read so much into your temps. Temping and charting is really to pinpoint ovulation, which you've done, it's not meant to predict pregnancy.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• DHRH22DHRH22 member
    Thanks ladies!
  • I agree with the pp's about temping.

I did want to add that if you do think there's a chance you might be pregnant (or become pregnant soon) you might want to watch the type and amount of pain killers you're taking. I'm not a doctor, so I am by no means an authority on this, but I've read that Ibuprophen should not be taken if you are or could become pregnant. Tylenol was recommended as a safe pain med. alternative. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just thought you might want to research it yourself.

Good luck healing from your surgery! That's no fun! :( 

• imageGhostMonkey:
    imageelizabethb3:

I agree with the pp's about temping.

I did want to add that if you do think there's a chance you might be pregnant (or become pregnant soon) you might want to watch the type and amount of pain killers you're taking. I'm not a doctor, so I am by no means an authority on this, but I've read that Ibuprophen should not be taken if you are or could become pregnant. Tylenol was recommended as a safe pain med. alternative. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just thought you might want to research it yourself.

Good luck healing from your surgery! That's no fun! :( 

Usually you get prescribed better stuff than OTC and it is not ibuprofen.

Yep. And hopefully they knew she's TTC when they prescribed the meds. It was the Ibuprofen that she mentioned in her op that sent up the red flag for me. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"