Illinois Babies
Options

Gender reveal ultrasound

Sorry if this has already been asked, but has anyone went to one of those places to get an ultrasound? Like Stork Snapshots or First Peek I want to go at 16 weeks because my doc won't give me an ultrasound until 20 weeks...I just don't have the patience to wait that long. I also find it strange that he won't give me any ultrasound until 20 weeks? Anyways just wanted to know if the gender is accurate at 16 weeks and has anyone went?

Re: Gender reveal ultrasound

• Options

20 weeks is the best time for the anatomy scan. That's when mine was. They're able to measure everything well at that stage since baby is big, but not too big as to where they're squished. 

I didn't do a gender reveal u/s so I can't help you there, sorry! 

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options
    Accuracy that early is different with every baby usually. I had a 15 wk u/s and my doctor said he'd be very surprised if it is a boy. I went to a gender reveal ultrasound in Lombard at 20wks because my regular office was booked solid until my 23rd wk and they confirmed its a girl. It's a chance they won't be able to tell that early or because the baby is turned the wrong way, but most places offer a free follow up session.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went to First Peek at 15 weeks and they correctly told me I was having a boy. If they can't tell the gender, they will give you another scan for free.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"