October 2012 Moms

Babbling & Clapping

Are your LOs clapping and babbling yet? My DS is doing some squealing and growling (yeah...like he is possessed or something) but I don't really consider it babbling, nowhere close to mama or dada sounds. He also has no interest in clapping. My mom makes me feel like that is a big deal (?)

FTM here and very possibly overreacting. I need to walk away from google.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Babbling & Clapping

• CnAnACnAnA member
    On mobile. How old is he? Alice is 9.5m and just started really clapping seriously two weeks ago. She would clap occasionally before that, but now its all the time. Just within the last week she finally claps with both hands open instead of one open hand and one closed. She does love to talk though, and pretty much always has.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • imagemrs.ike:
    On mobile. How old is he? Alice is 9.5m and just started really clapping seriously two weeks ago. She would clap occasionally before that, but now its all the time. Just within the last week she finally claps with both hands open instead of one open hand and one closed. She does love to talk though, and pretty much always has.

He is 8.5 months old. 

• Loading the player...
  • Also remember they sometimes change super fast.. Lo could up and start both tomorrow! :
  • CnAnACnAnA member
    imageopaque1997:
    Also remember they sometimes change super fast.. Lo could up and start both tomorrow! :

this! That's exactly what happened with Alice. She woke up one day with new tricks!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Brant "talks" allll the freakin time. It has realllllly picked up sinve he got the ear tubes. No clapping yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No clapping, but we have never really modeled clapping with her.  She babbles and makes a dadada sound but nothing discernible. 
  • Dd started clapping at about nine months. I didn't see it coming she just did it one day and has done it every day since.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• No clapping or waving over here.  DD is 8.5 months. She babbles at this point, not a ton, she squeals most of the time.
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • E is rarely quiet. He's been clapping for a few weeks too. But every baby is different. He still can't crawl for more than a few steps.

• Reese started babbling and calling DH and I by mama and dada at about 8 months and clapping that same week. But she just started to scoot and crawl this past week. She was 9 months on the fourth. Each baby goes at their own pace. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • it's also worth mentioning that boys are often a bit behind girls developmentally. 

• imageopaque1997:
    Also remember they sometimes change super fast.. Lo could up and start both tomorrow! :

This. My LO started clapping exactly yesterday. He only started showing interest in it the day before. That's how most of his milestones seem to go.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• We have a waver and a clapper.  He also says "mom" "mama" when he is upset.  We go through streaks though.  Sometimes we will wave at every one / every thing for days straight...followed by days of 0 waving.  Same with clapping.

our current trick is spinning on the floor.  He sits and uses his legs to go in circles.  We can go hours like that.

As PP said - not a huge deal.  Some days he seriously doesn't say a word...some days he is always talking.  They can wake up and do things...it's so cool! 

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • Nope not yet.  DS is the youngest one around here; he's 8m1w old.  No consonants just vowel sounds and squeals.  And no waving bye bye nor clapping.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Thanks ladies. I just need to relax about it, he is right on track with everything else.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"