Preemies
Options

NB photos

Hi ladies, I've posted here once before but here's another quick intro. I'm 29 weeks pregnant with mo di twins. If we can hang in there, we will deliver between 35 and 36 weeks.

I see all these cute photos of newborns in props and all sorts of things. How did you go about having professional preemie NB photos taken? I'm assuming once we're all home it won't be a good idea to take them to someone's studio or use props used on other kids? TIA for your suggestions!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: NB photos

• Options

Our hospital had an arrangement with a local photographer.  All moms were visited after birth, or in the case of preemies on the day prior to NICU discharge.  The photographer brought a props and we used a nice blanket, etc.  A few days after discharge the pics were posted online and we were given the option of various packages to buy.  They were not cheap.  However, we wanted nice newborn pics and it wasn't practical to go to a studio, etc. when she was this young.  We bought a CD with all pics and birth announcements.

FWIW, I delivered at 34 weeks and we were discharged at 36 weeks. 

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options
    I deliver at 35 weeks and we ended up waiting till dd was 8weeks to get them done at home. A family friend did them at our house. She was still able to get lots of sleepy baby pics for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS was only in the NICU a week, so we waited until he was about 3 weeks old and had a photographer come to our house.  We will probably do that again even if this LO is full term....just easier IMO than taking a newborn to a studio, plus we had a good number of "props" that were actually ours and meaningful.  

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options

We just contacted our wedding photographer (with whom we'd done a few sessions since the wedding), and asked if she'd be willing to shoot the NICU shoot for us pro bono, per the Pictures of Hope model (she wasn't participating directly). She agreed -- turns out her brother was a preemie so the NICU had a special place in her heart, too. 

I wasn't super passionate about getting the traditional newborn-in-a-basket shots done (they're cute, but just not my thing), so this worked out really well. 

We did send her a sizeable gift card thank you, and then hired her to come out to the house a couple of weeks back to photograph the girls -- their first shoot sans oxygen or monitors or anything like that. And, we LOVE the shots. We'll likely have her out again around the one year mark, and then annually after that (the girls' BDAY is timed nicely around the time for photos for holiday cards!)

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"