Postpartum Depression

Did PPD/PPA happen again with your second?

Anyone not have PPD/PPA with their second after having it with their first?

I am currently on Zoloft; feeling great and ready to start TTC f#2. Personally I think there were a lot of factors that contributed to my PPD/PPA which *hopefully* will not be present with the second. However, I know there are different factors, including a toddler which may pose other challenges. I sometimes still feel anxious when I see friends with newborns because I remember how hard it was for me but I don't want that to stop me from trying for #2. Any advice? Personal experience? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Did PPD/PPA happen again with your second?

• Yes I had it with 2 ever since the begining of my pregnancy and now 5 yrs later I have it again with 3. I thought this time it would be different but its not . I'm just waiting to have my baby so I can start zoloft.
  • I am so sorry that you are going through this again. I have discussed with my doctor the risk vs. benefits of staying on Zoloft during my next pregnancy and have decided I will stay on it. Could this be an option for you? It is considered a "safe" medication during pregnancy. Maybe you could start to feel better now, rather then having to wait. 

• Loading the player...
  • I did. It was a bit different the 2nd time. With the first, I felt a difference right away, but thought I was over-tired and had the blues. I didn't reach out for help until I had been symptomatic for 4 months. So this time, I felt great after delivery-no symptoms, happy, felt tremendous love for baby. I really thought there was a chance I would be ok this time around, but then about 3 weeks I started getting tearful. Then the anxiety and panic came, led by insomnia, then hopelessness, etc. but it spiraled quicker this time-it only took about a week to feel worse than I had the last time, which built over 4 weeks. I got help quicker and am starting to make the turn for the better, still have some anxiety. I wish I would have started the Zoloft right after delivery this time around.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I asked my ob for it and had decided to start taking but when I read the labels on the bottle it said that it is dangerous to take in the third trimester which is why I'm going to wait. Only have one more month to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"