Food Allergy
Options

Allergy Fear

I am pregnant with LO #3

When I had LO #2 I didn't know that LO#1 was going to be diagnosed with severe food allergies.  It took years of going back over what we had given our daughter to set her off as she grew up.  I remember back 5 years ago when I walked past the infant formula isle and stopped dead in my tracks....I started reading all the cans, we had been giving my daughter the allergen since birth =( I was heartbroken.

So fast forward to LO #3, I am scared to death (Now that I know) that he/she will have the same problems and not be able to eat.  I can not breastfeed, lets just say my boobs are broken.  I would love to if I medical could but I can not =(

As it gets closer I will have to do diligent research to see if all of them still contain corn products....not sure what we are going to do!

Thanks for letting me freak.

BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Pregnancy Ticker
image""> image

Re: Allergy Fear

• Options
    Why do you say boobs are broken? Lots of good support and LC's can make a huge difference.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My milk never comes in, I mean nothing ever comes in...I am dry as a bone!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry you are so nervous. It's understandable though.

We are not dealing with a corn allergy, but a friend is (as well as milk and soy)and I do not believe the Alimentum Ready To Feed formula contains corn (powdered does).

imageimage
  • Options

Never even heard of Alimentum, but then again its been 10 years since my last baby!

I looked up Enfamil the new newborn formula and it looks ok, will need to research the rest!

Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • Options
    EmR22EmR22 member

Of my three DD only one has severe food allergies. There is a higher chance if you have one kid with allergies the others will too. But in my case at least it has skipped my other two.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"