C-sections
Options

hospital to full

I am 39 weeks and my hospital is too full to schedule my c section.  They said they can try and get me in a week after my due date.  Has anyone heard of this? 

Re: hospital to full

• Options
    While I've never heard of this happening to someone it makes sense that it could.  They only have so many beds and so many nurses.  
  • Options
    Yup, I've heard of it. As I overheard at the dr this morning, lots of babies were born over the holiday weekend.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just yesterday a friend was telling about her how with her 1st child, that the schduled induction had to be rescheduled for that reason.

They are probably keeping room in the schedule for any emergency Cs as well.

My only Q is what was going on 9.5 months ago? (Mass storm or power outtage?)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Holy smokes!  I know on my BMB, we have had a ton of ladies have babies since the 4th of July! I guess it could be due to the size of the hospital, how many rooms they have, etc? Maybe they can get you in in case someone cancels or delivers early? Good luck!
    Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    EmR22EmR22 member
    That happened to me with an induction not a c section though. I needed to be induced because my blood pressure was running high but they sent me home and basically kept me "waiting" for 2 days for a room. There was a baby boom at the hospital so it was either have her in a closet with no nurses or wait. I wasn't in any medical danger so we waited. Luckily it was only a few days. 
  • Options
    We were really close to this with scheduling this c/s even though our hospital is pretty big. Thankfully when I had my dr double check my due date we had a little wiggle room. October/November must have been a super busy last year.
    BFP 4/3/07 EDD 11/23/07 MC 7/20/07 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageLittleFish1:
    . They are probably keeping room in the schedule for any emergency Cs as well.  

This.

I know it's uncomfortable, and it's sucks not to have it scheduled, but it's better to let baby 'bake' anyway.But, if you go into labor, dont worry, they'll give you your section! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageLittleFish1:
    Just yesterday a friend was telling about her how with her 1st child, that the schduled induction had to be rescheduled for that reason.

They are probably keeping room in the schedule for any emergency Cs as well.

My only Q is what was going on 9.5 months ago? Mass storm or power outtage?

Hurricane sandy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That was my thought, but couldn't see location (on moible).
  • Options
    imageheatherlyn114:
    I am 39 weeks and my hospital is too full to schedule my c section.nbsp; They said they can try and get me in a week after my due date.nbsp; Has anyone heard of this?nbsp;

Then what happens if you go into labor by yourself?? Doesn't make sense
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    At our hospital, they warned us that they have had patients doubled up in the over night post pardom rooms or laboring in closets when there is a baby boom.
  • Options

imageicoelho:
    imageheatherlyn114:
    I am 39 weeks and my hospital is too full to schedule my c section.nbsp; They said they can try and get me in a week after my due date.nbsp; Has anyone heard of this?nbsp;

They make it work.  They probably don't book scheduled c-sections and schedule inductions to full capacity so they have room for women who go into labor naturally or have emergencies.   

• Options

This. I know at my hospital they only schedule so many c/s a day & only between certain hours to keep the OR clear for unscheduled ones.

imagemysticl:

imageicoelho:
    imageheatherlyn114:

They make it work.  They probably don't book scheduled c-sections and schedule inductions to full capacity so they have room for women who go into labor naturally or have emergencies.   

BFP 4/3/07 EDD 11/23/07 MC 7/20/07 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"