October 2012 Moms

I'm in potty training he!l

I'm in potty training he!l. We're on day 2 with DS1 and I already want to throw in the towel. He hates it, I hate it. He's 3 though and starts school August 7th, so he needs to be trained. Can't turn back now!
Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: I'm in potty training he!l

• It is so frustrating. GL!
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMrs.G123:
    It is so frustrating. GL!

If I could pay someone else to do this for me, I would. I don't feel like that about ANYTHING else. SO frustrating!

• Loading the player...
  • CnAnACnAnA member
    No good!

Have you tried cheerios in the toilet? My nephews loved having something to "shoot" at.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • imageRachelilly23:

imageMrs.G123:

If I could pay someone else to do this for me, I would. I don't feel like that about ANYTHING else. SO frustrating!

I was super frustrated too. When did he turn 3?
    Birthday

• imageMrs.G123:
    imageRachelilly23:

imageMrs.G123:

I was super frustrated too. When did he turn 3?

June 1. Preschool requires them to be trained by October, but I really just want it done.

Edited: requires, not required

• imagepiffle42:
    DS was almost 4 before he finally gave in and used the potty. I'm pretty sure DC helped a ton. He was the last of the kids his age.

No advice, just wishing you luck! Have you tried just putting him in underwear. Unfortunately some kids just take longer than others to be ready.

We're doing just underwear now. Pullups for nap and bed time. But yeah, underwear or naked all other times!

• imageBeaF12:
    Try the potty training in 3 days method. DS1 turned 3 in April, and he is nonverbal, this method has worked well. He still has accidents, but can go a week accident free. Most of his accidents come from his difficulty communicating.
    We did tshirt only, lots of juice boxes and potty in whatever room we were in. By the end of the week the potty was in the bathroom only, now he just uses the big potty and it's been 4 wks. Good luck.

Yes, this is what we're following basically. DS1 is very communicative, so hopefully he'll do really well. Today is harder than yesterday with accidents, but I think he needs the accidents so he us more aware of what happens. A friends told me her day 2 was terrible, but then it just clicked for her done on day 3. I'm holding out hope.

• imagemrs.ike:
    No good!

Have you tried cheerios in the toilet? My nephews loved having something to "shoot" at.

We have. It's amazing how much the kid cares about all the tricks we've tried. Close to not caring at all... I think mms are STARTING to work!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"