Minnesota Babies

Duluth

DH and I will be going to Duluth in the middle of August. We will be bringing DS, he will be 9 months when we go. Anyone have any recommendations on where to go and necessary gear?

Also, what type of stroller would you recommend for Split Rock and Gooseberry Falls? Or would you just use a carrier?

TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Duluth

• We love Duluth and are also taking a quick trip there later this summer (without the kiddo for the first time, though!)

We haven't been with him, but a few things that you might enjoy that are kid-friendly at the train museum (very simple, nice for adults, too) and the aquarium.  There is a zoo, though I haven't been.  We also liked walking around the Japanese garden and going to the look out tower.

Also, At Sarah's Table is my absolute favorite breakfast place pretty much anywhere. I highly recommend it. It's low-key and would be kid friendly. Try the pancakes, but everything is good.

Have fun!

• No location recommendations but I would encourage a carrier over a stroller if you're going to do the state parks. You just never know what sort of terrain you'll encounter and I think it is easier to maneuver a baby in a carrier versus a stroller.  Strollers are great for places that you know are paved smoothly and evenly (the lakeshore walk in Duluth fits the bill here).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"