Illinois Babies
Options

Traveling through Chicago - Reqs.

Hi Everyone,

My sister is coming out West (to South Dakota) once I have LO #2 in August.  She's traveling from Erie Pennsylvania.  It's about a 20 hour drive and she'll have three kids with her. 

I'm trying to look for options for her stopping half way and breaking up the trip.  She won't want to spend a lot of money but I wanted to see if any one had recommendations of places to stop once your past Chicago.  (any cool camping areas with other attractions close by?) that kind of stuff. 

Let me know! Thanks :-)

Re: Traveling through Chicago - Reqs.

• Options

Not sure about camping areas really (I did camp at Blackwell Forest Preserve in Warrenville when I was younger).

But as far as in Chicago, there are lots of free things to do. Lincoln Park Zoo is awesome, and totally free. Millennium Park is also a fun tourist attraction with the Bean and huge fountains the kids can play in. Many of the beaches are also free.

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options
    Depending on the day she's in Chicago, some of the museums have Free Days. She just has to look them up online depending on which museum she may be interested in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"