October 2012 Moms

Moms of 4 yo

OMG I am ready to tear my hair out. Is 4 a terrible age??? Her bday isn't until this wknd even. Please say it must be the moon or something.
Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moms of 4 yo

• imageBeaF12:
    4 is bad, 5 is better, but some days are still bad. DD really tested her limits, hitting and yelling, full on tantrums which she had never done before, so it came as quite a surprise. She was learning about emotions and controlling her emotions in preschool so that helped.

We also started an incentive jar, she gets a bead in her jar for certain tasks and when the jar is full she gets a reward, like a 5 princess from target. She was having major problems getting dressed, getting in/out of the car, so she got a bead if she did those things w/o complaint and for chores like clearing her plate. I use a baby food jar and glass, floral beads, so it takes about a week to 10 days to fill. It gives a little more flexibility than a sticker chart, plus I hate stickers. Her behavior has greatly improved.

I have a mantra to help me through the hard days, "it's just a phase, this too shall pass." Good luck.

Thanks. Ihavefuckinghadittoday.
    Birthday

• my dd is a pill, 3 was rough, 4 was hell, 5 doesn't seem to be any better on some days. on others, she seems to have better control of herself. i wish i had better news but sometimes wine before bed is my only way of making it better. for me, not her, but that is a thought.  hugs, sorry your day was rough.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imagenavyviolet:
    my dd is a pill, 3 was rough, 4 was hell, 5 doesn't seem to be any better on some days. on others, she seems to have better control of herself. i wish i had better news but sometimes wine before bed is my only way of making it better. for me, not her, but that is a thought. nbsp;hugs, sorry your day was rough.

3 has been hard for us but she just won't listen. I don't know how to change that and it is just pissingmeoff so much.
    Birthday

• imagepiffle42:
    Also, I'm almost positive the 2 naughtiest times of year for kids are around Christmas and their birthdays. There's just so much anticipation.

This makes lots of sense. We are having a big party and I have party sht everywhere. I have found myself thinking that I challenge the guy who was in out house to find anything among all the party stuff, actually.
    Birthday

• I don't remember 4 being quite that bad but SD is very very very good with us and then very very bad (or so I am told) with her mother.

Also, I read this thread as "moms of 4, yo!" As in moms of 4 children,yo. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"