August 2012 Moms
Options

switching to regular soap

At what point are you (if you are) switching to regular, fragrance laundry detergent and dish soap?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: switching to regular soap

• Options

We did like 4 months ago. She spent enough time rolling around in our bed that was washed in normal detergent that I figured if she was going to have a reaction she would have.

We use Tide Sport with febreeze, she's fine. 

• Options
    I actually never used the baby detergent.  I did with Christian because I got like 2 gallons of Dreft, but I never bought it myself.  So with Liam I just went straight to regular detergent.  He's been fine.

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started washing DS's clothes in our regular soap at around 9 months. The first time was because we where out of his free and clear soap and I desperately needed to do some baby laundry, so I used ours. He never had a problem with it so I kept using it .

We have always used regular dish soap.

We will continue to use baby wash/tear free soap for his baths until he is old enough to not get soap in his eyes.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

imageBPaws:
    We always used our regular detergent from day 1 [fffc?]. The only thing to ever irritate his skin was Johnson and Johnson shampoo, so he uses Aveeno.

This exactly. 

WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • Options
    We've always used regular detergent. We've also always used regular dish soap. The only thing we had to be particular with is his body wash and lotions. Now that's he's older we can loosen up with what we use.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We used a free formulation for laundry for a couple of months. We lived with my parents for a while and we would switch off on buying household supplies. One time someone bought regular detergent and when Mina didn't react we kept with it.
    I think we'll use the baby wash and shampoo until we run out. Lots of baby shower gifts....
  • Options
    We only ever used regular detergent & dish soap too.  I even use DH's dandruff shampoo on DD ever since she had cradle cap.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have always used tide free and clear and use Johnson's baby wash still.
  • Options
    We wash everything in method free and clear, and have for years.  I didn't know there was any special dish soap you cold use, lol!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We've always used All free and clear, it's the detergent I've used since before I met DH!
  • Options

Oh man, MY skin would throw a shitfit if I tried to use anything scented. 

Can I be a laundry soap pimp for a second?

CHARLIE'S SOAP, CHARLIE'S SOAP, CHARLIE'S SOAP! EVERYONE GO ORDER SOME NOW! One tablespoon per load, no scent, works like magic. My chest/back skin has never been better. Also, thanks to BMI and others on this board, I also use wool balls instead of dryer sheets, which I have always hated with a fiery passion. HIPPY LAUNDRY SH!T, Y'ALL! GET YOU SOME! 

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageBPaws:
    We always used our regular detergent from day 1 [fffc?]. The only thing to ever irritate his skin was Johnson and Johnson shampoo, so he uses Aveeno.
      You do Know Avenno is a JJ product RIGHT?
    lolololo
  • Options
    I try to wash her loads with sensitive still but when she has jeans or whatever, they go with our other clothes when hers don't have a whole load to wash.
    lolololo
  • Options
    I use tide for sensitive skin for myself so we've always used it for the baby, too. We always used regular dish soap for his bottles, but I separate brush when hand washing.
  • Options

imageBPaws:

Not flameful, we have only used normal detergent also. I will use baby shampoo and soap until I run out of all the millions of bottles I got at my baby shower.

This. 
  • Options
    BPaws said:
    This is what we had to do. Did you know that Aveeno is made by J&J though? I had no idea and now I want to change.
  • Options

imageLucyD1029:
    The whole family uses All free & clear and regular dish soap.

This, it wasn't an more when we started using free and clear, and I actually prefer it now. 

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"