Single Parents

dna test day

I'm noticing i'm nervous as hell. I'm 99% sure that this *** is the father. 

Thing is, I know that the positive test will automatically open him up to rights as a parent. I'm worried he's going to petition for custody or visitation or something. 

I just dont think its right for him to play daddy to a new baby (less than 3 months younger than my son) and deny my son.

I don't want him to ever meet my son, don't want him to have any visitation or custody. I'm worried he'll dissappoint my son, teach him bad things, feed him unhealthy things, not take good care of him, or even worse, never return him to me. I guess I might be thinking too much into this and too far ahead

I was convinced he'dnever pursue any of that or get awarded it but now the 'what ifs' are consuming me  

Its sticky situation, but i'm praying he doesn't pursue anything.

I bet he doesn't even show for the paternity test..

we shall see... they say 3 to 6 weeks for the results.. blegh. more waiting game 

Re: dna test day

• I have the same fears as you. I hope everything works out. Sending t p your way. Please keep us informed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You can always file for supervised visitation only. I'm not sure what kind of circumstances surround that, but my BD is a drug dealer with no stable job and a psychotic girlfriend. But I plan on not letting him sign the BC so that he would have to pay for
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • thank you for the advice, and the kind words.

I posted in another online forum, and I got jumped on.. They told me I'm an unfit mom, I'm immature, they feel sorry for my baby... etc..

because i was lied to, and I believed the lies... &nbsp

• imagepregokat:

thank you for the advice, and the kind words.

I posted in another online forum, and I got jumped on.. They tol

• I vented in another forum about my situation at home and I got the same bull about being unfit and whatever.  They have their own little life where everything fit together and they think that everyone should be that way too.  Unfortunately fo

• imagemel1987:

People are A$$holes. Don't let them get you down. You are a great person! How could you not be? You
  • If you are asking for child support then you have to be open to allowing visitation.

• I understand that I have to be open to the visitation. I'm just going to fight for as little as possible. 

I also highly doubt he will  petition for visitation or anything. I am wondering if he will even show for the dna test.

If

• Whatever you do ladies, DON'T vent in other forums unless you want to be attacked. I was cruising my birth club forum and saw a girl who was going to be a single mom get jumped all over. I chimed in to tell her everything will be okay, that I was in the s
  • imageNichollini:
    Whatever you do ladies, DON'T vent in other forums unless you want to be attacked. I was cruising my birth club forum and saw a girl who was going to be a single mom get jumped all over. I chimed in to tell her everything will be okay, that I was in the same situation and to just ignore the negative comments. Well then others started to jump on me saying I need to learn how to choose my men and learn how to use birth control. WOW!! Either way, we're hear for all of you here :

Yup. This is exactly how it is.....everyone assumes if you aren't married then you're a effing screw up. I have friends who are in similar situations and I would never judge tem in any way. As long as you have a good support system and raising you're child the best way possible....I think everything is good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"