October 2012 Moms

Am I the only one...

Am I the only one here who hasn't gone out on a date night w/DH since LO was born? Do you find that strange?

If you go out on date nights, who babysits for you? Does the babysitter put LO to bed for you, or do you put your LO to bed first, then go out?

The only family we have here is my SIL, and she doesn't have a car.  She's offered to babysit during the daytime, but not at night.  Since DS doesn't take a bottle, it seems kind of pointless for her to come during the day on a weekend... In addition, DH would rather spend his weekends w/DS than to go out and have lunch with me but without DS.

I guess it hasn't really bothered us that we haven't gone out on a date night.  I also don't see how it would work even if we hire a babysitter?  I can't imagine having the babysitter put DS to bed at night when it's not someone he's familiar with?  DS's bedtime is 8pm so if we wait until he's asleep before we go out, it'll be really late and I'd rather stay home so I can go to bed early. 

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Am I the only one...

• We have gone 2 or 3 times. Could you bring sis in law to your house in the evening and take her home? It might be nice to get out!!!
    Birthday

• We have never had a date night. We have nobody who can babysit.
  • Loading the player...
  • Our last date we played hookie from work and had brunch. So our normal nanny watched her. I think we only had one other one and we were gone maybe an hour and had dinner.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• We've gone out on a bunch--we try to go weekly. However, we have both have parents that are near by and DH's parents are always willing to babysit. LO also has an earlier bedtime (around 7pm) and there's a ton of restaurants/movies within walking distance, so it makes it much easier for us. We put him to bed and then go out--he's also not great with bottles, plus I love putting him to bed.

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • My husbands parents watch our LO so we can go out 23 times a month. Usually it's just for dinner, right before bedtime, so that they don't have to do a feeding or bedtime. I still have a hard time leaving LO so I dread it, but then I always love it when we go. We've gone out during the day on the weekends too and that's also great.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Am a lurker spying on what to expect next month with LO. LO is watched by family when DH and I are working. Am on Summer Vacation and have had LO watched a few times between feedings so I can run errands or go to the store or get a hair cut without dragging LO out in the heat.

Have dropped DH off at work twice on my way out and now it is very weird to be driving with him without LO. Am beginning to contemplate a date afternoon, but would rather do something as a family to celebrate our anniversary later in the month.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We haven't been out without LO and we have a huge list of people willing to babysit. LO nurses before bed and has refused bottles so it would have to be a late night date. I've wanted to but DH would rather go to bed early.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Nope we have  gone without lo less than 5 only go when  family is around they dont live nearby

But we have gone out with our son a ton like early dates. Before 8p. Of course:) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have only a few times but honestly our schedules are so crazy we cherish the time we can spend all together

• imagesgreen13:
    Not exactly a date night but we did go to a party in our neighborhood after Willa went to bed. Our video monitor has a pretty amazing reach.nbsp;

Wait. You left your baby alone in the house to go to a party? Am I the only one who side eyes the shiit out of this?
  • We've been out a few times.  Twice when ILs were visiting and could watch her and twice friends watched her.  And at Disney my grandparents watched her one night so DH and I could have dinner/ride rides. 

I would love to have more family nearby! 

• We've gone on 2 and that was when family was visiting. We don't really trust anyone but family and close friends and neither of them live close! DH and I would love to have more date nights, but that's just not in the cards for us at the time. That's why when family comes, we plan something really special.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • sgreen13 said:
    Yup, we put our baby to bed at 8pm and made sure she was asleep. We then walked across the road to our neighbor's 40th birthday party. I stayed for about 90 minutes and my hubby partied until about midnight. 

My husband and I will also do yard work during the weekends while our daughter naps. Again, we have the monitor with us. 

Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal, as long as one of you (parents) weren't intoxicated. DH's parents used to go to their neighbor's at night after DH and his sis were asleep. This was 40 years ago before there were even monitors! They just left the baby's room windows open so they could hear them if they woke up/cried. I routinely go work in the yard when DS is asleep. I have the monitor on. I don't see why it's an issue? Actually, I can hear him cry through the window even if I don't have a monitor, but I always carry it with me.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"