October 2012 Moms

Something you hope LO does

Something you hope LO does

What is something you want your baby to experience or do when they are an adult or growing up?

Traveling, music, food, living arrangements, schooling?

I hope Ashley lives on her own for awhile. I bought my first house and lived in it for 2 years or so by myself and it was awesome. Plus I got to decorate it any way I wanted. 

Re: Something you hope LO does

• nealblnealbl member
    I want both of them to find a man as good as DH and I pray they keep god in their lives.

Having DH in my life has just made it amazing and made every issue easier to take on. I want them to have that kind of companionship one day
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenealbl:
    I want both of them to find a man as good as DH and I pray they keep god in their lives. Having DH in my life has just made it amazing and made every issue easier to take on. I want them to have that kind of companionship one day

I'm on board with all of this.  

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope she find something she is passionate about and isn't afraid to pursue it.

Travel abroad. Live on her own.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• I should add travel abroad though I plan to plant this seed well into childhood.

I already envision him as an architect for some reason. 

• imageKittery16:

imagenealbl:
    I want both of them to find a man as good as DH and I pray they keep god in their lives.

Having DH in my life has just made it amazing and made every issue easier to take on. I want them to have that kind of companionship one day

I'm on board with all of this.  

This is big on my list too. My husband and I work hard at showing the kids how to be in a healthy marriage so they grow up treating their wives an husbands the right way. I hope Ashley finds and awesome guy who puts in 150 into their marriage. Otherwise we may have to kick some butt.
  • I want her to participate in sports.  I played soccer in high school and college.  H was a cross country runner and long distance runner in track. We both also did other sports when younger.

I also want her to travel.  In college I went to Greece and I would love for her to do something similar. 

Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • I hope they attend college, find satisfying careers and find good men, but most importantly, I hope they figure out what makes them happy. I see my depressed brother and feel sorry for him.

And if we're being picky, I hope they play the piano! I'm always pushing their high chairs up to the piano so they can plink on the keys. This is sort of an old picture, but they have sooo much fun.

• CbeanzCbeanz member

I am much more interested in my daughter becoming a great woman than I am about her finding a man at all. 

• imageCbeanz:

I am much more interested in my daughter becoming a great woman than I am about her finding a man at all. 

it wouldn't even occur to me to put this at the top of the list for my kid! 

• Big thing:

Grow up with faith in God.  Honestly- it would break my heart if she rejects our religious beliefs.

Small things:

Enjoys playing an instrument, specifically violin.  DH plays (I used to) and it wants to share it with her. 

Enjoys tap dancing.  I tap too so we'll be taking a mommy and me class so we can share that 

• imagelady dixneuf:
    imageCbeanz:

it wouldn't even occur to me to put this at the top of the list for my kid! 

Wait wait, let me rephrase. IF my daughters decide to marry someday, I hope they chose someone who is faithful and hard working. I don't see anything wrong with wanting this for your children, and it is sort of at the top of my list. I've seen too many young women give up their lives for scum. Very sad.

• Brea, I won't quote all that, but thank you so much. ITA with everything you said. I was thisclose to shacking up with a guy when I was 18. Turns out he was the biggest loser ever. I did go on to college to get my master's degree,and landed a great job before I met my H. I really did cherish my alone time! I would never tell a girl she needed a man to be happy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"