Baby Showers
Options

Had to share...best shower idea ever!

I saw this on Pinterest for a wedding shower, but it would work fantastic for a baby shower as well. Instead of a guestbook, put out the coordinating envelopes for your thank you notes, and have guests put their name and address on one. The only down side is that people who like everything to be neat and cutesy (like me) may wind up with a slight twitch when seeing sloppy handwriting as they send out the thank you notes later. :) Certainly seems like it would make thank you notes a little easier though! What do you guys think?

Re: Had to share...best shower idea ever!

• Options
    I am sure you are kidding.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Super tacky. Have fun with that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So, to thank them for their time and generosity, they get a chore that is a convenience for YOU. Yes, how very cute of you.
    image"">imageimageimage"">image"

• Options

:::coming out of lurkdom:::

Am I really the first one to call MUD???  

PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
    You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
     Lilypie - (KAFM)

• Options
    Zomg!! What ever would we do without the creativity pintrest offers?

FWIW my bridesmaids did this at my bridal shower...10 years ago. I threw them out and addressed my own thank you cards. People spent a Saturday afternoon and money on a gift. Writing 3 lines on an envelope was not that hard for me to do.
  • Options
    That pinterest idea isn't polite or nice. 
  • Options
    imagelisarene77:

Ha! Love this gif! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
  • Options
    ya, sorry. thumbs down on that idea. 
  • Options
    RseedRseed member
    I agree, I don't think many people attending the shower would like that. But ladies, no need to be nasty. We're all here to support each other - calm down a bit. 
  • Options

imageRseed:
    I agree, I don't think many people attending the shower would like that. But ladies, no need to be nasty. We're all here to support each other - calm down a bit. 

This is a baby shower board - where does it say that all users are there to "support each other"?

She asked for opinions and people provided opinions.  Done.

Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
     Wow, way to be super rude ladies... I was asking what people thought of the idea. And, just as a side note, I've never seen a guest book where people write little notes either. It's typically just a line for your name and address, so what's the difference in writing it in a little line or writing it on an envelope? If it's not for you, fine. But maybe get some class and don't belittle others online just because you can't see them face to face. Cyber-bullying knows no age-limit, does it?
  • Options
    WORST IDEA EVER! 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options

FWIW my bridesmaids did this at my bridal shower...10 years ago. I threw them out and addressed my own thank you cards. People spent a Saturday afternoon and money on a gift. Writing 3 lines on an envelope was not that hard for me to do.
    @PunkyBooster - If the hosts of my shower ever had my guests do this, I would do the same exact thing!  Those envelopes would go in the trash and I would redo them all myself before sending them out! Good for you!!!! 

• Options
    Cranang said:

@mamambrick

There was no cyber-bullying.  And you wrote this over a month ago.  Are you seriously going to get all butt-hurt over something you didn't really care enough about to check back on?

However, someone mentioned your critical thinking skills...if you're using it as a "guestbook", isn't that something you'd want to keep?  In this case, you'd just be mailing them off.  And seriously, it's not that hard to address a nice card to someone after they spent time and money on you.  It's just laziness to have them do it themselves.

So if you were to see someone saying the things in these posts to someone in person, you'd be totally fine with that? Watching others belittle someone and call them names would probably bother you if done in person, so why is it okay here? And how many people really "cherish" the guestbook with addresses written in it? You transfer them to your actual address book for future use, and the guestbook gets thrown in a box in the attic. I didn't say I was doing this idea, I just asked what people thought. Maybe you should stop being so judgemental. And, just as an aside, I don't get any kind of notifications for posts on thebump, so I hadn't really thought about it until now, when I was browsing other posts.
  • Options

There's a nice way to put things and there's what most people did here. Sorry if you don't have the sensitivity to see that.

• Options
    And it certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings if I did get banned, since apparently other mothers or mothers to be can't be supportive and considerate of others. I didn't realize this was where women come to bash others to make themselves feel better.
  • Options
    CranangCranang member
    edited August 2013

@mamabrick

Again, they're not "flaggable" offenses.  I'd go take them off if you want to continue being on this site.  I have plenty of sensitivity.  Perhaps you have too much?

One person simply posted "MUD".  How is that offensive to you?  How was it "put" in a mean way.  It was one acronym.  Period.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mamabrick said:
    And it certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings if I did get banned, since apparently other mothers or mothers to be can't be supportive and considerate of others. I didn't realize this was where women come to bash others to make themselves feel better.

@mamabrick

NOBODY BASHED YOU!  Are you seriously that sensitive? 

• Options
    Don't worry, I've contacted the admins. Problem solved. Thanks for sticking around to share your "sensitivity".
  • Options
    No one bashed you personally, they just said this idea is terrible. And it is. Dont you feel better knowing that ahead of time so you dont offend your family and friends?
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    FWIW, I've never even seen a guest book at a shower and used labels to address my wedding invitations, shower and wedding thank you cards.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options

mamabrick said:
     Wow, way to be super rude ladies... I was asking what people thought of the idea. And, just as a side note, I've never seen a guest book where people write little notes either. It's typically just a line for your name and address, so what's the difference in writing it in a little line or writing it on an envelope? If it's not for you, fine. But maybe get some class and don't belittle others online just because you can't see them face to face. Cyber-bullying knows no age-limit, does it?
    You posted an idea and people told you what they thought of it.  No need to give yourself carpel tunnel attempting to tattle on everyone, esp when they did nothing wrong. 

First of all, it's not a new idea, people have (unfortunately) pushing off their work onto their guests for a long time now.  It should be noted, however, that just because it's been done forever, doesn't make it ok.  

Second of all, it's not really the best shower idea ever, see first point.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    I've never been flagged and I think it's a dumb and terrible idea. Flag me!

image image
  • Options
    I would, but only whiners flag people for no reason.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    BallSox said:

You have to earn your flags up in here!

• Options
    Cranang said:

BallSox said:

I try to pick fights on 1st tri but it doesn't work. Maybe I still spew puppies and rainbows when I mean to spew snark?

What does a cranky pregnant lady have to do in order to be flagged?

image image
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:

Cranang said:

BallSox said:

You earned one for this post! Snap!

Damn it! How'd she get flagged and I didn't?

Mamabrick, this is a terrible idea. You're being ridiculously oversensitive.

image image
  • Options

@mamabrick

FLAG THIS ONE TOO!!!  Keep 'em coming!

• Options
    I'm with you, mamabrick. There's a big difference b/t "I've never liked this idea" and "What a stupid, tacky, selfish idea." I also think you should treat people on the internet the same as you would treat them in real life - unless, of course, you're looking to start a bar fight.
  • Options
    The difference is that you're not friends. You're (literally) virtual strangers.
  • Options
    And she ASKED for opinions. Grown-ups don't ask for opinions, get them, and then throw flagging tamtrums toward the ones they don't like. Sheesh.

• Options
    MMason12 said:

@PunkyBooster - If the hosts of my shower ever had my guests do this, I would do the same exact thing!  Those envelopes would go in the trash and I would redo them all myself before sending them out! Good for you!!!! 
    @Mamabrick - How in the heck is that abuse???  I wasn't even talking to you! I was polite and talking about what I would personally do! You are completely abusing the "Flag" button when people are just expressing an opinion different than what you wanted to hear. I have no idea how that is an abusive statement above. 

• Options
    MMason12 said:
    MMason12 said:

@Mamabrick - How in the heck is that abuse???  I wasn't even talking to you! I was polite and talking about what I would personally do! You are completely abusing the "Flag" button when people are just expressing an opinion different than what you wanted to hear. I have no idea how that is an abusive statement above. 

It's because internet messageboards are supposed to be for glitter and sunshine. Roget's has been put on notice that "disagree" and "bully" will now be included under each other's entries. Get used to it, bishes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"