October 2013 Moms

Painting baby room

Have any of you painted the baby's room yet? I'm having a boy and I'm not sure if what color I should do.

Re: Painting baby room

• I did. I'm having a boy too. 3 walls are a light "sterling" grey and then we did an ombre wall.

Room still needs a lot of love. 

• Haven't painted yet, but we are doing a chair rail with Benjamin Moore's Ocean City Blue on top and white on the bottom.

photo 45ad94ec-8f7e-4e11-afa6-d58d009e0ecb_zpse556e368.jpg  image image

• Loading the player...
  • We are almost done painting the nursery but we are going very neutral.  Mainly because we hope to sell the house in the next year or two and don't want to repaint! The walls are a beige color with white trim and we are going to do bright colors for accents.  We're doing a Dr Seuss theme. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did red on top and cream under the chair rail. I forgot the actual name of the paint

We are having a girl

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.

This was DS nursery. Green, brown and white.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • atcwagatcwag member
    We're team green and doing a Harry Potter-themed nursery.  3 walls are yellow and 1 is red (the one with the crib).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi there! We are doing an ombre wall as well. I did a small "practice" section but any and all help would be appreciated since my husband will have to do it by himself. When I practiced I did three different horizontal stripes with about a one inch space in between the colors then blended with a clean brush and "x" type strokes. Thanks for your help!
  • **sorry that was for tmccord21
  • we did a dark gray and pink from Benjamin Moore (for our little girl)

imageimage

• imageGoldenGirlRose3:
    Hi there! We are doing an ombre wall as well. I did a small "practice" section but any and all help would be appreciated since my husband will have to do it by himself. When I practiced I did three different horizontal stripes with about a one inch space in between the colors then blended with a clean brush and "x" type strokes. Thanks for your help!

That's basically what we did. We have 4 colors that met each other and then used a clean brush to blend while it was still wet. Good luck! Share pics when you're done :)

• I painted the room: Valspar Wet Pavement is the dark grey and I think Comet Dust or something is the light grey/nearly white

Then I'm doing mid-length curtains in this fabric

And a grey area rug, probably solid color or a very very subtle pattern.  

Other pops of yellow and royal blue in crib bedding and art work 

TTC since Sept 2010
    Aug 2011 - SA reveals no sperm
    Jan 2012 - biopsy, b/w = Sertoli-only syndrome, DH doesn't make the cells needed to make sperm, moving on to DS
    IUI# 1 - 4/1/12 - BFN
    IUI# 2 - 5/4/12 - BFN
    IUI# 3 w/ Clomid - 6/4/12 - BFN
    IUI# 4 w/ Clomid, new donor - 7/5/12 - BFN
    IUI# 5 w/ Clomid & trigger shot/Novarel - 8/3/12 - BFN
    ~Cycle Off~
    IVF# 1 - 19 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 8 frosties. 5-day transfer. Beta #1 - 11/20/12 - BFN
    FET# 1 - 1/23/13 - BFP - beta 2/4/13 - 266, beta 2 - 623, beta 3 - 1452
    Due 10/10/13 - It's a Boy!
    You, Me and Someone Else - updated 5/24/13 - 20 week update

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mae208Mae208 member
    imageFirefly062:
    I painted the room: Valspar Wet Pavement is the dark grey and I think Comet Dust or something is the light grey/nearly whiteimageThen I'm doing midlength curtains in this fabricimageAnd a grey area rug, probably solid color or a very very subtle pattern. nbsp;nbsp;Other pops of yellow and royal blue in crib bedding and art worknbsp;

Very random question, but why mid length curtains? Why not take them all the way to the floor?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagetmccord21:

imageGoldenGirlRose3:
    Hi there! We are doing an ombre wall as well. I did a small "practice" section but any and all help would be appreciated since my husband will have to do it by himself. When I practiced I did three different horizontal stripes with about a one inch space in between the colors then blended with a clean brush and "x" type strokes. Thanks for your help!

That's basically what we did. We have 4 colors that met each other and then used a clean brush to blend while it was still wet. Good luck! Share pics when you're done :)

Thanks! Any tips on how big of sections to do at a time? We are worried about the paint drying too quickly. How many people did you have working on it at once? I'm wondering if it's more of a two person job.

• imageMae208:
    imageFirefly062:
    I painted the room: Valspar Wet Pavement is the dark grey and I think Comet Dust or something is the light grey/nearly whiteimageThen I'm doing midlength curtains in this fabricimageAnd a grey area rug, probably solid color or a very very subtle pattern. nbsp;nbsp;Other pops of yellow and royal blue in crib bedding and art worknbsp;
    Very random question, but why mid length curtains? Why not take them all the way to the floor?

Hm. I don't really have a good answer for that :op I feel like floor length curtains are a little more formal than what I'm going for in the room I guess? Right now I have floor lengths in my living room and dining room but mid length in my bedroom and office. And when this was the guest bedroom they were about midlength too. 

So I guess my answer is...habit? :o

TTC since Sept 2010
    Aug 2011 - SA reveals no sperm
    Jan 2012 - biopsy, b/w = Sertoli-only syndrome, DH doesn't make the cells needed to make sperm, moving on to DS
    IUI# 1 - 4/1/12 - BFN
    IUI# 2 - 5/4/12 - BFN
    IUI# 3 w/ Clomid - 6/4/12 - BFN
    IUI# 4 w/ Clomid, new donor - 7/5/12 - BFN
    IUI# 5 w/ Clomid & trigger shot/Novarel - 8/3/12 - BFN
    ~Cycle Off~
    IVF# 1 - 19 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 8 frosties. 5-day transfer. Beta #1 - 11/20/12 - BFN
    FET# 1 - 1/23/13 - BFP - beta 2/4/13 - 266, beta 2 - 623, beta 3 - 1452
    Due 10/10/13 - It's a Boy!
    You, Me and Someone Else - updated 5/24/13 - 20 week update

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"