Special Needs

Little Brag-bed transition

So I have a little brag, my DS who just turned 3 yrs. He has SPD and has always had problems with sleeping and transitioning from different things. So I was really dreading this bed thing. He has been getting out of crib for over a year and yes I should have probably transitioned him earlier, but anyways. So I made him part of putting his new bed together and at nap he got out twice and then asked me to sit with him. I thought okay here we go. So that night I was a bit nervous. To my delight He never got out and hasn't since. I am still in disbelief that it was this simple. I really think it was all timing. I pray it stays that way. We are going on 4 nights tonight and so far so good. I know it's silly to even post this, but I am kinda proud. Thanks for letting me share.

Re: Little Brag-bed transition

• That is great! You've inspired me. DS is 3.5, and has been climbing out of his crib for a while, too. I will try your technique. Again, way to go!
  • I think that's wonderful! Congrats on what I would consider a huge accomplishment, I'm glad it was a rather smooth transition for you :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"