November 2011 Moms
Options

EIS

I took DS1 in for evaluation this morning for Early Intervention.  He enjoyed the play part for the most part, but half way through, he wanted to be in either DH's or my lap.  He has been found to have a delay in speech (which I knew, DS doesn't really have any words other than mama and dada) and adaptive (which apparently is things like undressing yourself and using eating utensils).  We go back next week to figure out a plan of action.  Hopefully this will help him out.  Poor boy gets so frustrated when we can't figure out what he wants.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: EIS

• Options

DD isn't saying much besides mama and dada too. I think she is saying a few other words, but I can't be sure. We were planning on calling EI at the end of the summer if things aren't progressing. From what I have read, a child that has a SAH parent can be delayed in talking because their needs are preemptively met before they need to ask for anything- which is absolutely true in our house.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I hope this helps out your LO, too! My DS isn't much on speech right now either, but the pedi still isn't worried about it (not until 2). Even after his ear troubles that resulted in tubes. I got so frustrated with not being able to communicate with DS that I started sign language when he was 9 months. GL, I hope all goes well and that you have a talker in no time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Early Intervention can be such a blessing.  I hope they find a plan of action that works well for your LO.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing about your EI eval. DD's is scheduled for the 15th. Hoping you are happy with the plan they put in place!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"