19 mo..no words yet... — The Bump
November 2011 Moms

19 mo..no words yet...

Hey ladies! I have an amazingly smart, interactive, funny 19 month old boy! He however is saying no words yet. I am a worrier...bur I still feel he has time and not to rush him he is a shy little guy who I don't believe should be pushed into things. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this also?

Re: 19 mo..no words yet...

• DS1 is almost 21 months and only says mama and dada.  I just posted about getting qualified for early intervention.  It may be something you want to look into.  You can self refer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • mcvgalmcvgal member

My LO says daddy and pap? only. I asked about it at our last appointment and the dr said that at his 2 yr appt if he didn't show any progress then he would be concerned. He also mentioned that even just 2 more words would be progress. I have been doing more reading and repeat after me type games with LO and he's understanding so much more. He can point out all the body parts and knows several foods, just doesn't really say the words yet.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Loading the player...
  • DD has 4 consistent words, they are the same ones she had at her 1 year well baby in December. I have an evaluation scheduled for the 15th through my local Early Intervention program. My pedi said she barely sqeaked by without a speech Eval at her 18 Month Well Baby with her 4 words. While in my heart, I believe she is and will be "just fine", I cannot help but worry. The people at EI have been fabulous so far, I recommend starting there if you decide to have LO evaluated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards