October 2012 Moms

army crawling question

so it looks like DD has started army crawling this weekend (FINALLY!), but DH said something about her not using her legs at all, just her arms.  I'm traditionally crazy and as DH says, "always looking at something to be an issue" and I'm trying really hard not to do that.

I thought about it and isn't army crawling all about just using your arms?  I mean that's how most kids start, right?  All arms, then they start to use their legs more and more till they're eventually full on crawling. 

I don't want to bring it up with the pediatrician at our 9 month appointment on Friday and sound like a fool!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: army crawling question

• E can crawl but only a few steps and then he falls into an army crawl.

It hasn't even occurred to me to worry.

I would only start worrying if this is still happening at like 11 months.  

• LorMorLorMor member
    I think army crawling is just shuffling along any way that LO can to be mobile. So if it's just arms, or arms and legs, I think the point is that your DD is getting around. Panic not.
  • Loading the player...
  • That is how dd started, too. Then she worked in her legs.
    Birthday

• E started off mostly with arms, but now he really uses his legs. He still doesn't crawl any other way but army crawling, but he's super fast now. He's been army crawling for 2 months, but didn't start using his legs until maybe a month ago. I wouldn't worry.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• What others said.  DS started with one-arm army crawl (just his R arm).  It was painfully s-l-o-w (not too him, of course, since he went from no crawling to crawling).  Later he learned to use both arms.  Another couple weeks went by before he pushes off with his R foot.  He's been doing this 3-limb crawl for weeks now.  He doesn't push off with his L foot (it's bent at the knee so it stays up in the air).
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Every kid is so different. I know that's cliche, but it's really true. My little army crawled for about a day, normal crawler for about two or three days and since then ONLY bear crawls! I never crawled as a kid, only rolled and scooted. I'm sure your little one is doing just great!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• imageMrs.RockyM:

so it looks like DD has started army crawling this weekend (FINALLY!), but DH said something about her not using her legs at all, just her arms.  I'm traditionally crazy and as DH says, "always looking at something to be an issue" and I'm trying really hard not to do that.

I thought about it and isn't army crawling all about just using your arms?  I mean that's how most kids start, right?  All arms, then they start to use their legs more and more till they're eventually full on crawling. 

I don't want to bring it up with the pediatrician at our 9 month appointment on Friday and sound like a fool!

DS went from army crawl to walking, he never "crawled properly" we used to call him Lt Dan:-) He is now 3. DD started crawling earlier than he did and crawls textbook style but I think each kid figures out their own way to get around, don't worry about it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"