September 2013 Moms

Anyone have experience with Carecentrix?

I called my insurance (Cigna) and they 100% cover a hospital grade breast pump through a company called Carecentrix (any in-network provider but they said this is the company that they typically use). I was so excited I didn't ask them about the specifics and I haven't had time to get away from my desk and call Carecentrix yet! Have any of you gone through them and if so, what kind of breast pump did they offer?

Thanks!

Re: Anyone have experience with Carecentrix?

• I was told to call a month before my EDD. Once they have a script from my dr they will send out a double electric pump. I asked what brand and she said whatever they have in stock at the time.

Cigna did not tell me a hospital grade pump, but a double electric.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • imagemagdalina.h:

I was told to call a month before my EDD. Once they have a script from my dr they will send out a double electric pump. I asked what brand and she said whatever they have in stock at the time.

They told me something completely different and were kind of rude. Oh well. I will be calling them August 15 then. I was told I had to wait until the twins were here and if they came early it was going to take 2 weeks to get to me and the lady didn't give a very good explanation as to why. Maybe I just had a bad rep? Geez I shouldn't say bad, misinformed maybe?

• Loading the player...
  • imageJocelynB0911:
    imagemagdalina.h:

I was told to call a month before my EDD. Once they have a script from my dr they will send out a double electric pump. I asked what brand and she said whatever they have in stock at the time.

They told me something completely different and were kind of rude. Oh well. I will be calling them August 15 then. I was told I had to wait until the twins were here and if they came early it was going to take 2 weeks to get to me and the lady didn't give a very good explanation as to why. Maybe I just had a bad rep? Geez I shouldn't say bad, misinformed maybe?

That stinks that they weren't helpful! I still have to call Carecentrix about it so I will probably do that this week just to see what they say about it. They were really helpful at Cigna so hopefully I get the same info from Carecentrix. Thanks for your responses!

• I know this post is a couple of days old but I just ordered a double electric breast pump today through CareCentrix.   I called Cigna (Disney) first who gave me benefits saying that the hospital grade pumps have to be med nec. (mom/baby has to be in the hospital away from each other or child has birth defect (cleft palate)....  In order to get just a dbl. electric pump covered @ 100% I just needed a RX from my OBGYN.  They said it would be either a Medela or Ameda but another company sends it to you. (Medical Supply Vender CareCentrix uses)  The rep at CareCentrix told me I could have called 2 months b4 delivery.  Hope this helps.... and Congratulations!!!
  • If you are a provider do not ever trust CareCentrix to pay a claim. 
    We are an accredited provider with Medela.  CareCentrix contacted us to provide Symphony pumps to 20 patients, which we did. 
    They sent us over precertification documents.  Even with the percerts and all documents and LMNs they have denied nearly every claim.  It is a clear attempt to avert the intentions of the ACA.
    The net effect is the mother's will now be responsible for all these denied claims.
    We have never had any experience remotely like this with any insurance company we have dealt with.
    It will be very interesting how CIGNA handles this matter.
  • imageWestern Medical:
    If you are a provider do not ever trust CareCentrix to pay a claim. 
    We are an accredited provider with Medela.  CareCentrix contacted us to provide Symphony pumps to 20 patients, which we did. 
    They sent us over precertification documents.  Even with the percerts and all documents and LMNs they have denied nearly every claim.  It is a clear attempt to avert the intentions of the ACA.
    The net effect is the mother's will now be responsible for all these denied claims.
    We have never had any experience remotely like this with any insurance company we have dealt with.
    It will be very interesting how CIGNA handles this matter.

Huh? Why would a provider be on a forum for pregnant women? Spamity, spam, spam.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"