June 2013 Moms

Care to start something new?

I'm thinking that we should start a weekly check in to see how everyone is doing. It could be "Catch Up Monday" or something. 

So how are you doing? What has your LO been up to lately? Anything new?

Nemo is 1 month now. She went from the 20th percentile to the 43rd in weight in less than 2 weeks. She smiles a lot but not when awake still. She's not enjoying the Pavlick harness (her hips are dysplaced). I am finally getting my kidney stones blasted tomorrow after they were found back in January.  Oh, and we decided take DS (and Nemo) to Disney World at the end of the month. 

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

Re: Care to start something new?

• I'm super jealous of your disneyworld trip! We are doing Disneyland in November. Make sure to take pics and post them so I can live vicariously through you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll play! Riley is 3 weeks 3 days today and has been having lots of problems pooping so she has been having pretty fussy periods most days. But she has been doing pretty awesome overnights. She barely ever wants to eat before 4 hours past her last feeding. Last night she went 7 hours! And most of the time its 4 to 5 hours between feedings. She's been smiling every once in awhile when I talk to her, but I'm not sure if she's actually smiling because of me! Lol

I can't believe my maternity leave is half over! MH has been awesome with her the past 2 weeks...I was a little nervous for him the first week! So overall I think we're doing awesome!
    Married 3/24/12
    #1 Born 6/14/13
    #2 Due 11/1/16

• Loading the player...
  • Charlotte is 6 weeks today. Her head control is getting better every day. We did our first bottle last night, she didnt love it but she did take it, so I count it as a success :) 

she is still on the fussy side most days but we are getting some happy content time here and there. She is a good sleeper both naps and overnight so I focus on that and tell myself she will outgrow the fussiness eventually :) 

Charlotte Elise
      5/27/2013

• imageMrsAuby:
    I'll play! Riley is 3 weeks 3 days today and has been having lots of problems pooping so she has been having pretty fussy periods most days. But she has been doing pretty awesome overnights. She barely ever wants to eat before 4 hours past her last feeding. Last night she went 7 hours! And most of the time its 4 to 5 hours between feedings. She's been smiling every once in awhile when I talk to her, but I'm not sure if she's actually smiling because of me! Lol I can't believe my maternity leave is half over! MH has been awesome with her the past 2 weeks...I was a little nervous for him the first week! So overall I think we're doing awesome!

thats awesome about the sleep!

my DH has gotten more comfortable and helpful every week too, it's a learning process for everyone!  

Charlotte Elise
      5/27/2013

• AchaeAchae member
    I'm doing surprisingly well, today my husband went back to work. I think it's actually less stressful because now I know I'm doing it solo. Prior I think I struggled with ppd

Baby is almost four weeks old, ebf, I'm trying to pump in mornings to build up a stash for daycare. She has just hit a growth spurt I think, she's been wanting to eat every hour to two hours. She has been giving me a four hour block some nights so I'm thankful for that sleep. She also has more awake time, so yay! She has such pretty eyes
  • I'll join. DD is 3.5 weeks. We are getting a little more awake and alert but not screaming time which is nice. She had an awesome night last night, went 5 hours and then 4hours between feedings, Then another 3 hour stretch after that. We went out to the mall yesterday and I finally bought proper nursing bras that fit. I haven't worn bras that fit properly since I was 3 months pregnant, I am so excited.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Briar is 2 weeks and 3 days old and has started to fight his sleep. It makes for a very tired mommy!!  He started to get very gassy over the weekend and I think it has something t o do with it. I'm having a hard time trying to pump between dealing with LO and two older boys. He is still eating every 2-3 hours. He has a check up on Friday.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• imagejennshea13:
    Love this idea! Maddi is 5 weeks old today. I think she's having some issues pooping the last couple of days cause she's been super fussy. I get about 2 one hour stretches of happy a day. She hardly sleeps during the day, maybe 45 min naps, then she's up screaming. She finally pooped this morning, so I'm hoping for a better day today! Last night, after not going to bed until 300, she went SIX hours btw feedings!! That's been our longest stretch so far. She's my little piggy though. During the day, she's up to 4.5oz every 3 hours. Then does 4 to 6 hour stretches at night. She's smiling when happy... I love it!! As far as me, I told my job yesterday I won't be returning after my maternity leave. I'm so excited for my new job to start Aug. 12th!! But I know it's going to be hard to leave Maddi!!

Wow, Nemo is every 2-3 hours for feeding like clockwork. At this point we pretty much EFF too. I wish she went longer. She was every 4-5 hrs at night until the harness went on. What are you going to do now? I'm going super per diem (like min requirement only) until I finish my BSN hopefully by May. I want to find a medical office or school nursing job by me afterward. Right now I'm working at a nursing home an hour away. It's a top quality one so I don't mind the distance but it's hard to do the shifts so far away.

And we're only going for 2 days. DH has a busjness conference in Florida and we're tagging along. But I'm super excited and DS wakes up every morning asking if we're going on the airplane today.  

• Abigail is 2 weeks 2 days old today. we are currently doing tummy time with daddy and lifting our head like a pro! i swear if this kid had any upper body strength she would be crawling those back legs already know the movement lol. we are looking forward to our baptism at the end of this month and going on our first road trip in august for my aunts 90th birthday and seeing her great grandpa.   
  • imagejennshea13:
    imageJinglesChic:

imagejennshea13:
    Love this idea! Maddi is 5 weeks old today. I think she's having some issues pooping the last couple of days cause she's been super fussy. I get about 2 one hour stretches of happy a day. She hardly sleeps during the day, maybe 45 min naps, then she's up screaming. She finally pooped this morning, so I'm hoping for a better day today! Last night, after not going to bed until 300, she went SIX hours btw feedings!! That's been our longest stretch so far. She's my little piggy though. During the day, she's up to 4.5oz every 3 hours. Then does 4 to 6 hour stretches at night. She's smiling when happy... I love it!! As far as me, I told my job yesterday I won't be returning after my maternity leave. I'm so excited for my new job to start Aug. 12th!! But I know it's going to be hard to leave Maddi!!

Wow, Nemo is every 2-3 hours for feeding like clockwork. At this point we pretty much EFF too. I wish she went longer. She was every 4-5 hrs at night until the harness went on. What are you going to do now? I'm going super per diem (like min requirement only) until I finish my BSN hopefully by May. I want to find a medical office or school nursing job by me afterward. Right now I'm working at a nursing home an hour away. It's a top quality one so I don't mind the distance but it's hard to do the shifts so far away.

And we're only going for 2 days. DH has a busjness conference in Florida and we're tagging along. But I'm super excited and DS wakes up every morning asking if we're going on the airplane today.  

I'll still be full time, unfortunately, but I will be working on a Women's Gyn/Post Partum floor. I was at a small hospital and the floor I was on was random med surg, we saw everything, all ages, and I hated it. It wasn't what I wanted to do, but I was straight out of school and they were first to call me back. Now I'm at a bigger hospital, closer to home, and in women's services, where I've always wanted to be! I'm in the middle of my BSN as well, hopefully will be done in May too!

This was the first place to call me back as well. Took my boards on a Wed and started there on a Fri. If you would have told me I will be doing geriatrics when I was in school I would have likely dropped out. Sucks because I worked at two different ERs as a tech until I went to PA school. I only left there because I was put on bedrest for a short time with DS, and then knew that it would be impossible to continue with a child. If I had my way at all I'd do NICU or PICU but I think my best fit is actually school nursing. 

• LiLi23LiLi23 member
    Ooh I like this idea :D

DS is 11 days old and doing really well. He was almost back to his birth weight at his first appt last week so that made me super happy. He's a little tongue tied but he's nursing well and gaining great so we're leaving it alone for now.

His overnights have been pretty good, despite getting projectile pooped on last night! I have a little routine down and it's working ::knock on wood:: DD is doing great with him too, although her listening skills sometimes disappear. I know it's a big adjustment for her too, so I'm doing my best to be patient. It's tough!!

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• Colt is 2 weeks, 4 days old today. On Friday he went to his 2 week appointment and had gained 1 lb 2 oz since birth. He's starting to outgrow his 0-3 month clothes. I am doing well! I started speed walking for 35 min on my treadmill. I only have 16 more lbs to lose as of this morning! I'm really ready to be cleared to run, but it feels good to walk fast enough to sweat! I'm 6ft tall, so I weighed over 200 lbs at the end of pregnancy and that was brutal! I'm well into the 1's again. Never again in the 2's!
  • Natali is almost 2 weeks old. My supply is low so we are supplementing and it's not going well. She is gaining weight but is not back to birth weight and I feel terrible about it. I feed her whenever she wants and I've seen people about it 3 times now and it's not seeming to get better. I'm seriously lost and cry about it constantly. I just want my little girl to be healthy!! 

She eats every 3-4 hours and it takes an hour and a half to feed her. I swear all I do is feed her, which is why it's so upsetting that she isn't gaining enough.

The baby blues have hit HARD and I feel guilty because all I want to do is enjoy my beautiful little girl! I really hope it doesn't turn Into PPD. 

• Harper is 11 days old. I feel fantastic. I mean I feel like a new person. I have my occasional shower cry but that's to be expected. We are going on vacation Monday for 10 days and it is giving me the most anxiety. Not sure what to pack or how much to pack. Ugh! I did though today get into some non maternity clothes!! Made my entire day!

We have a some what routine going. She eats about every 3 hrs and sleeps all the time! She rarely gets fussy and she is wide awake from 5 am until 9 every morning.

DH and DD1 are adjusting well. They have had some battles but that's to be expected.
  • Freyja is 2w 5d. She for the most part is doing very well. Gaining weight like a pro after problems latching. She was diagnosed with acid reflux today so hopefully there will be an end to these miserable last few days.

Her skin is darkening a lot the last couple days so she actually looks more Arab than I do and she has Irish mixed in from her father so it's hilarious to us. Someone actually asked if she was adopted because I am the extremely pale.

She just went to her first birthday party and ended up stealing the show. My nephew didn't care since he was only interested in cake and dinosaurs so I don't feel too bad about it.

Almost 3 weeks since the c-section and still working on healing. No bleeding but lots of pain still.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • This is a great idea! Max is 11 days old and the most easy going baby. I hope I am not jinxing myself, but she hasn't cried much unless she is super hungry. She seems to have good neck and abdomen muscles since I have seen her move around a lot just by scooting her head over to wherever she wants. One day, I thought it was a fluke, she had her left side on me and propped up a little. She somehow managed to pull herself up and sit. She did it by scooting alongside my stomach, but I was still amazed! She did it again later the same day. Excited to find out how much she weighs this Friday at her 2 wk appt.

I had a cs and just got off pain meds. They have always had a horrible effect on me and I am glad that they are done. I would have just stopped taking them, but I was too afraid of the pain. Now I am not so woozy and forgetting chunks of my day. I am still in pain so I am taking Ibuprofen every 6 hours.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• It's not Monday anymore, but I'll play.

B is doing great. We had our one month appointment on Friday and he had gained weight and is exactly in the 50th percentile. He is definitely having more awake time and thankfully that happens during the day. At night, he usually gives me a 5 hour chunk before waking, which is fine by me.

I an anxious for my 6 week check up. My discharge instructions said do swimming or working out until 6 weeks, and though I feel fine, my H is holding me to that. 

image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • imageMrsAuby:
    I'll play! Riley is 3 weeks 3 days today and has been having lots of problems pooping so she has been having pretty fussy periods most days. But she has been doing pretty awesome overnights. She barely ever wants to eat before 4 hours past her last feeding. Last night she went 7 hours! And most of the time its 4 to 5 hours between feedings. She's been smiling every once in awhile when I talk to her, but I'm not sure if she's actually smiling because of me! Lol

I can't believe my maternity leave is half over! MH has been awesome with her the past 2 weeks...I was a little nervous for him the first week! So overall I think we're doing awesome!

Have you tried the bicycle move? Works everytime with our Lo when she can't poop
  • SJ7108SJ7108 member
    I like this! :D

Jubilee will be 4weeks tomorrow. She holds her head up great during tummy time and has a couple of really awake times during the day.. and always one at night. Thankfully her that nighttime awake period is shifting so its from 10 to 130 instead of 11:30 to 3. Then I get a nice long stretch until around 5:30 or 6:30.

We had some trouble with breastfeeding in the beginning but its getting better although its still hurts like crazy when she first latches and my nips are just generally sore. I'm hoping that goes away soon.

Overall baby girl is doing great and I'm feeling closer to 100 percent normal again.

• imagessemovsk:
    imageMrsAuby:
    I'll play! Riley is 3 weeks 3 days today and has been having lots of problems pooping so she has been having pretty fussy periods most days. But she has been doing pretty awesome overnights. She barely ever wants to eat before 4 hours past her last feeding. Last night she went 7 hours! And most of the time its 4 to 5 hours between feedings. She's been smiling every once in awhile when I talk to her, but I'm not sure if she's actually smiling because of me! Lol

Have you tried the bicycle move? Works everytime with our Lo when she can't poop

MH has tried it a couple times and it calms her down for awhile but she still doesn't poop. Maybe we need to do it longer or more often. I'll have to try and see!
    Married 3/24/12
    #1 Born 6/14/13
    #2 Due 11/1/16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"