Special Needs
Options

UTI

hey all my little one has down syndrome we spent yesterday in the ER they said she had a UTI and if the fever did not reduce to come back in today. the fever has not spiked high but I just realized when I was getting her ready for bath that me or my husband had not changed any wet pampers. I am thinking that I should go back in. am i over analyzing or should i head back in? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: UTI

• Options

Did you get her on an antibiotic?  I would be more worried about the lack of peeing than the fever, as that could mean reflux up into her kidneys.  I would call your doctor or take her back in.  

I'm sorry that your LO has a uti.  They are a nuisance for sure! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yes they gave me meds 3 times a day. Thank you! Im gonna head back in!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Is this the almost 1 year old?  It's possible she was holding due to being cathed (did they cath her?) or that she has uro problems you didn't know about.  DD1 started with UTI's and retention around 9 months of age.  Sometimes she would go longer than 24 hours without going.

I'm curious as to what they told you?  Personally, I'd be finding a GOOD local uro to have an eval done, it's pretty standard that in a child less than 2, to have a kidney/bladder ultrasound and VCUG for any UTI's to rule out structural abnormalities/reflux.

Good luck! 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Options
    MyPB&JMyPB&J member
    Agree with a previous poster, find a peds urologist. A UTI in a baby that young is cause for a VCUG. My 3 year old has vesicouretural reflux her urine reflexes back into her kidneys and our first sign was a fever and UTI. No big deal as long as you catch it and monitor so no kidney damage occurs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"