VBAC
Options

Intro!!

Hi guys!!

Im going to hopefully be joining you guys in the VBAC adventure! I have a 5.5 year old daughter who I had vaginally at 40.5 weeks and she was 7lbs 15oz, 21 inches long (11 hours of labor after water broke on its own and only 12 minutes of pushing and she was out). Then I had my son in August 2011 (he is almost 2) via c section. It was an "elective" c section due to growth ultrasounds estimating his size to be "HUGE" and all my drs at the office pretty much freaked us out saying we had better do the c section or that if I even tried to do it vaginally my sons shoulder could be dislocated or he could die from being stuck and that I would be the main priority in a situation like that not the baby. So anyways, we chose c section at 40.5 weeks  since labor did not progress on its own =/ I really regret that decision in a way but happy he was healthy. He was 10lbs 14oz, 22inches long (No GD). I am 100% for VBAC this time around..I liked the recovery much better with the vaginal birth, I liked being able to go home after 24hours instead if the 72 hours with my c section. Also, I breastfed my daughter and did not breasfeed my son due to my incision hurting so bad everytime I would try too =/

Anyways, I have found 2 doctors in my area who are pro VBAC and am going to "interview" them both next week!! Hoping I can make this dream into reality :)

Thanks for reading and Im excited to hear about all yall's successful vbac stories!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro!!

• Options
    Good for you! How far along are you? I am pregnant with my 2nd and had a c-section with the first due to failure to progress and also was bullied and scared by doctors. I wish you the best of luck! I am clinging to success stories as if my life depended on it. I also didn't get to successfully breastfeed with my first baby, so I feel like it is such an important decision that affects so much more than you anticipate before having a baby. 
  • Options

YES! I agree totally. I am 6.5 weeks along, so I have a far road ahead of me! lol How about you? Thankyou!! I hope we both are able to post on here in the future with success stories :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck!

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"