October 2012 Moms
Options

What are you feeding your toothless child?

We are pretty adventurous when it comes to food, but I feel like we are stuck in a rut and I need some new ideas.

We have done pasta, waffles, bagels, puffs, humus, yogurt drops, oatmeal, veggies, fruit.

Potatoes and rice seem so bland. What do you do with yours if you feed them?

DS really hasn't been interested in meat so far. He has had hamburger, bacon and some chicken but he just rolls it around in his mouth for a little while before spitting it out. Any tips?

My biggest challenge is that DS goes to bed at 6, which is long before we eat dinner or I would give him what we are having. I guess I need to get better at making extra for dinner so we have leftovers.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: What are you feeding your toothless child?

• Options
    I was just going to suggest leftovers from your day before, but you mentioned that.  You're so daring!  Our boyo is pretty gung-ho about trying everything, too, but he only gets tastes.  He doesn't have the skills to actually eat our meals for-real.  It is fun, though, to see him taste new things.  He surprises me with what he actually likes.  
  • Options
    Elijah loves steak. He sucks the juice out of it and then spits it out. I feed him just about everything that I eat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Reese loves to eat!! She loves meatballs that I make for her. I grind up carrot and zucchini and mix it in with ground beef and veal and make them about a half inch in diameter. They freeze well and cut up great!!! I mix it with spaghetti both regular and squash varieties and homemade sauce. She also eats pizza, quiche, pancakes, French toast, chicken, lamb, steak, veggies, pasta, rice and fresh fruit. She loves guacamole too!! Any fruits, veggies or meats that she cant gum up since she has no teeth we put in her mesh chewer. I also grate or pure vegetables to mix in with pasta or rice. We let her try just about anything!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    You guys are great. Sounds like spitting out meat is developmentally right at this point so I will just keep offering it.

I am going to have to steal that meatball recipe. That sounds delicious! He'll love it

Quiche is a great idea too and he should be able to handle it. Keep this ideas coming please!
  • Options
    Meatballs are a favorite here too.  DD loves deviled eggs. Mac and cheese and veggie lasagna (made with the white sauce) are another favorite. 
  • Options
    Anything pretty much...he had baby back ribs today, lol--just teeny pieces of meat. He can chew pretty well with his gums, so as long as it's soft, we give it to him. We've made kale cakes and quinoa spinach cakes which have been big hits (they're like fritters), pancakes are great, and lots of eggs with veggies mixed in. 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity, why a 6pm bedtime? What time is wake up? That just seems so early to me. We'd never see our kid if she went to bed at 6pm! We get home at 530,6 and eat at 6,6:30, bedtime is 8.

That being said, no real advice as she eats what we eat for the most part. Veggies, pasta, ground meat beef turkey, fruit, potatoes, etc. unless we're doing something like ordering pizza. Then she gets leftovers or purees.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagehboo2011:
    Just out of curiosity, why a 6pm bedtime? What time is wake up? That just seems so early to me. We'd never see our kid if she went to bed at 6pm! We get home at 530,6 and eat at 6,6:30, bedtime is 8. That being said, no real advice as she eats what we eat for the most part. Veggies, pasta, ground meat beef turkey, fruit, potatoes, etc. unless we're doing something like ordering pizza. Then she gets leftovers or purees.

6 p.m. is the time HE set.  I have tried to get him to go to bed later, but he just can't handle it; the melt downs have been epic.  He sleeps from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m. (one wake up around 4 or 5 to nurse).  I get home at 5:45, so it pretty much sucks.  I'm working with daycare to try and get him longer naps during the day because he has always been a terrible napper.  I'm hoping that will help so I can actually see my kid during the day. Crying

• Options
    DD LOVES avocado and black beans.  she had no interest in beef, but loved turkey and chicken. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"