October 2012 Moms

Stranger in our house

A f cking crackhead walked into our front door at about 7. I started screaming hysterically and DH chased him out. He was super high, no weapons. We always keep the door locked but had just unloaded groceries. Dd1 heard the door and told me. I called 911. He got arrested. Holyshit.
Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stranger in our house

• Holy sht that's scary!!

• imagelady dixneuf:
    Holy sht that's scary!!

Yeah, I'm stunned. What if DH hadn't been home?
    Birthday

• Loading the player...
  • nealblnealbl member
    Holy cow that is crazy and scary. Glad you guys are ok
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenealbl:
    Holy cow that is crazy and scary. Glad you guys are ok

I've always been so paranoid about the doors. WTF?
    Birthday

• imageBrooketheCat:
    W.T.F.!nbsp;

I think I scared him with my hysterical screaming. I could barely speak. DH is super upset that this happened. We are just telling dd he got lost. I don't want to scare her.
    Birthday

• That's crazy, glad everyone is ok.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• So scary! How is d1 now? Did she go to bed okay? Something similar happened to me when the girls were newborns. Dh wasn't home and I was breastfeeding when there was a knock at the door downstairs. I wasn't expecting anyone so I ignored it. They kept knocking, then I heard the door OPEN!! I yelled who's there? Nothing... Who's there!!?? Still nothing but I heard someone down there. So many things run through your mind! What to do with the babies? I even thought about our gun in the safe! Turns out it was an elderly woman with dimensia who was terribly lost. So sorry that happened to you. It's a terrible feeling!

• that is so scary. I know. What that's like. I had the same thing happen last year on the 4th of july, but my husband wasn't home. He was so high that my dogs didn't phase him. The police found him in the yard kicking a tree.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • LorMorLorMor member
    From the title, I thought you were going to talk about how different your LO is to normal because she's teething. Not a REAL stranger!
  • Holy crap that is terrifying.  I had a somewhat similar situation... was walking my dog in our neighborhood last year and this guy was walking his dog and of course they wanted to sniff each other, so the guy started talking to me and asking really personal questions (do you have a boyfriend? etc).  So I left obviously and I realized he saw me walk into my house (worst idea ever).  The next day he was knocking on my door and I was flipping out!! He just left thankfully, and I haven't seen him since.  Glad your DH was home for the incident and that everyone is alright!
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • So scary!

I have no idea what I would've done....

I'm neurotic about locking our doors. DH gets mad when I lock him out while mowing the lawn, but hey, you can't be too safe, right? Our neighborhood is questionable... There was a murder suicide a week ago right around the corner. It's uncommon for the neighborhood, but I see some sketchy characters around here and am starting to not feel completely safe. Sucks.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• imageLorMor:
    From the title, I thought you were going to talk about how different your LO is to normal because she's teething. Not a REAL stranger!

This is so scary, thank goodness every one is ok.  It reminds me of that in home attack on that mom in NJ.  That scares the sh!t out of me. 

Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • My mom lives in this very quiet rural neighborhood, and about two years she was in there upstairs family room when she heard someone walk in the front door. She went down and told him to get out. He claimed to be selling meat and started trying to get her to buy meat from him. Eventually she got him to leave and called the cops. Turned out that he had done this to a young mom nearby as well, but she gave him money because she just wanted him out of her house.
  • Thanks, all. He was so super high and out of it. It just scared the hell out of me. Dd1 is ok, we told her the police will help him find the right way home. I will not think she is imagining things next time.
    Birthday

• imageLauraT25:
    That is terrifying. And why I lock my doors. Always. Even when we lived in BFE.

We do too, but had overlooked it this one time. I've always told babysitters to keep the door locked, and not to answer.
    Birthday

• imageThisIsBrea:
    I may have to rethink my laxness on the door locking thing...how freaking scary. We only lock our doors at night, that may change having read this. Yikes!! Glad everyone is okay.

Please lock! You just never know.
    Birthday

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"