C-sections

Exercise question :

I am thinking far in advance, but when did you start exercising after your c section? What form of exercise did you start with?

I will be having a RCS in November and hope to start running soon

Re: Exercise question :

• I started walking 2 to 3 miles a day at 3wks after both csections. I am waiting until my 6 wk PP appointment before I return to running and spinning.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • I'm 7 weeks pp and just upped my activity from light walks with both kiddos to longer, faster walks and some light jogging on treadmill. I've also started ab workouts. 
  • Loading the player...
  • After my first c-section (unplanned) I started running at 5 weeks pp and after my second (scheduled) I started running at 4 weeks pp.  Both of my first pp runs were 3-mile jogs nice and easy (around 10 min/mile) and they were great!  By about 3 months pp I felt like I was more or less back to my old pace and distances.  Leading up to the runs, I was walking every day, about 3-5 miles at a time.  

ETA:  I couldn't wait 6 weeks.  I just couldn't -- I really tried but I was just dying to go running again.  One of the reasons I run through pregnancy (both times I ran the night before I went to the hospital) is so there wasn't much time when I wasn't running.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for all your responses!
  • LoALoA member
    I started light jogs at about 7 weeks PP, however I was walking at least 3 miles about 4 times a week and swimming as well at about 56 weeks after. It's really important that you take the small steps to getting your muscle strength back first. I hate walking, but you have to build up to the running.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"