Pre-School and Daycare

time for a Sunday bday party?

We don't go to church but don't want to have the party at a time when those who go to church will have trouble going...our options are 11-1 or 12-2, which would you do? We will serve lunch (pizza) regardless. We were thinking 11-1 b/c then they can spend an hour or so playing, etc and then eat lunch & have cake at the end, vs having to eat in the beginning & then play...

Re: time for a Sunday bday party?

• Our Sunday party next week is at 1130. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLoveEeyore:

Our Sunday party next week is at 1130. 

Well that doesn't help me. LOL!!! kidding. We have to be done at 2:30 so I would rather not do 1130-230 b/c of cleanup, etc. I remember your post about Sunday parties though!!! 1130 seems like a nice safe time...but would 11 be ok too? I mean, many ppl go to services at 9 or 930 right....

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I think so.  I had one reply no, they are still in church but we recently went to a 1 p.m. party and she replied that she was still in church for that one too (gotta love evite).  I checked with my religious friends and they said 11 was safe.  I would rather not do it on a Sunday but this is the first year one of the birthdays actually fell on the weekend.

• imageLoveEeyore:

Yeah, I think so.  I had one reply no, they are still in church but we recently went to a 1 p.m. party and she replied that she was still in church for that one too (gotta love evite).  I checked with my religious friends and they said 11 was safe.  I would rather not do it on a Sunday but this is the first year one of the birthdays actually fell on the weekend.

cool, thanks. I didn't really want to do a Sunday either but the Saturdays around it all had conflicts and I didn't want to wait several weeks after to have it, plus that gets into a busy work time for me...oh well, I am sure it will be fine and at their age, they're just going to be excited regardless! Someone in their class had a Sunday party a couple months ago w decent turnout so fingers crossed. 

• imagefredalina:
    I live in the Bible Belt. Most Protestant churches have two services, a 9 am and an 11 am, with Sunday school in the middle. The 11 is more popular, and ends about 12. A lot of families regularly go to lunch afterward with groups of friends. I think 12:30 or 1 is possible but most families won't be pleased. And some pentacostal churches are from like 11 to 3 or 4!

Starting later than 12 is not an option. I don't live in the bible belt &  kind of feel like ppl can set their own priorities & go to the earlier service if they really want to come to the party or skip their regular lunch after church for one Sunday, it is up to them...but honestly it comes down to the several close friends we really want there don't go to church or would be fine rearranging their Sunday morning schedule to attend so if the others don't want to, I don't really mind, the kids will have no idea & we won't be offended.  I would like to try to fit w/ schedules and do 12-2 but I kind of hate the idea of starting w/ food instead of ending. But we could prob do pizza in the beginning, then play, then do the cake at the end....

• I am planning Cedric's party for a Sunday as well. Haven't picked the time yet, but I like the 11am time!
  • No, I get it...but my choices are 11-1 or 12-2, not none of the above lol :).i feel like 12 is more accommodating but I just would prefer food at the end so I am torn, as I don't know how many (if any) will actually care...it doesn't really matter that much I am sure, they will prob come or they won't, either way.
  • I don't mind 11am at all.  We don't have many church going friends so that'd be fine in my book.

• I know it's not an option for you, but we did 4-5:30 at a local play place.  We had 12 of the 18 kids we invited come.  It was great for the kids who still nap.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"