C-sections
Options

2nd c-section

hello ladies, 

I am not yet pregnant with baby #2 but I have had a pre conception Dr appt and because I had a c-section with my first due to failure to progress, I will most likely have to have a 2nd c-section.

I just wanted to ask those ladies who had a 2nd c-section that was planned, how was it? did you find the recovery time quicker with the 1st or 2nd? My 1st was not planned and I was in labour for 21 hours, pushed for 3 hrs which ended in a c-section.

I know its not really anything I should worry about since I"m not even pregnant yet, but I'm just curious as to your experiences.

Thank you 

Re: 2nd c-section

• Options
    My second was scarier just because I knew what to expect but it was so much easier. I had failure to progress with my first too and skipping all that and just getting to the baby part was a much better choice! Recovery was a cinch!
  • Options
    My first was not planned and I don't have fond memories from it.  The second time was so much better!  I knew what to expect during and after.  I knew more about which pain meds don't make me sick and what the recovery is like.  I think my recovery went better the second time because I was prepared at home for the recovery and knew what it would be like.  Being prepared made my second experience great!  I was so happy with how everything went. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was in the exact same situation as you with my first, and had a repeat c-section for our second child.  It was SO much better than my first experience.  The first time, I was SO exhausted from labor + all drugged up, I have no memory of the procedure or the first 12 hours of DD's life.  With my second, even though I went into labor earlier than my scheduled c-section, it was so much more relaxed, and I knew what to expect, so I could prepare better for recovery.
  • Options
    I had the same thing happen to me, I was in labor for 16 hours and would not dilate any further then 5 cm. It was a very scary experience but my second like everyone else said was a little bit more easier since you know what to expect. I don't think my recovery was any easier or quicker though. Everyone is different and it all depends, they had to cut a little deeper for my second so that is why my recovery was about the same as my first. But the whole process of it was a lot easier since you do know what to expect. I am pregnant with my third and it is going to be another c-section so hopefully this recovery will be easier. Good luck to you :)
  • Options
    I had my first csection after failure to progress after 9 hours of labor and DS's heart rate starting to show signs of stress. The recovery was super simple other than my vomit reaction to the pain meds. I felt pretty much normal by the next morning and was only taking Tylenol to cope with the incision pain.

My RCS had a longer recovery. I believe it was mostly because I couldn't have the "good"'drugs due to my previous reaction. I also had a tubal done with my RCS.

For me personally, after about 48 hours the tenderness from nursing is much worse than the incision pain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"