October 2012 Moms

Poll: Cars

Thought this would be fun since DH and I are in the midst of car shopping!

What car do you drive? What does DH or SO drive?

Do you like it? Is it big enough for your family? If you're planning on getting another vehicle at some point, what will you get or look at?
Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: Poll: Cars

• I drive a 08 Honda Civic EX. DH drives a 00 Ford Explorer Sport, 2 doors.

My car is nice on gas, but it's far too small and we need something else. We'll trade in DH's 2 door for a new SUV for me to drive and he'll drive my civic to work.

We looked at the Ford Escape, Edge, and Explorer. We also looked at the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Compass. Jeep is coming out with an all new Cherokee in the next couple months, so we're probably going to wait until the dealership has them in stock to decide on a new car. Also will look at the Chevy Equinox and Traverse, and Buick Encore. DH only wants an American car...

We plan on having 3 kids, so we need to think long term!

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Wally3Wally3 member
    I drive Mazda cx9 and dh drives a Nissan Altima. Dh likes the Nissan it has good gas Milage and has blue tooth. I like the Mazda the only problem is that the 3rd row seats ate hard to get to with the car seats in.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't have a car whoo hoo!
    We used to have a mini though
    We do zip car now, going to pick it up in 10 min

• I drive an 07 Dodge Magnum aka the Gangsta Wagon haha. I adore it. It was my dream car. MH drives a Chevy Silverado.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Acura mdx. We love it, plenty of space. Not so great on gas but oh well. We needed an suv and we love the option of the 3rd row.

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • CC1017CC1017 member

I drive a 2011 Subaru Legacy. DH has a Ford escape for his company car. Our second car is a 2002 Subaru Outback. We only use the outback for trips or taking the dog somewhere. When my car gets higher in mileage we will get another outback and then the Legacy will be our second car. 

We are a Subaru family. We like the all wheel drive. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    BFP #1 DS born 10/16/12 at 39w6d
    BFP #2 DD lost 11/17/14 at 17w2d
  • We just bought a Ford Flex and love it.  The Explorer was terrible for car seats but the Flex is amazing - great ride lots of room.
  • My work car is a 2010 VW Jetta diesel. I drive about a thousand miles a week. Our family car is a 2013 Equinox and we loooove it! DH's farm truck is a Chev Silverado.

• We have a Chevy Tahoe Z71 with the captains seats. We really like it however we have three kids and a dog so it already seems small to us sometimes. We do a lot of activities so cargo space fills up quick sometimes. We could already use a Suburban. Otherwise I have no complaints about it, I love the features and its fun to drive and I can drive to Las Vegas to Los Angeles on almost an entire tank of gas. Also in my opinion car shopping is only fun at first then by the time you buy the car you never want to buy one again. Good luck. 
  • CbeanzCbeanz member

imageBabyCarryingVessel:
    My work car is a 2010 VW Jetta diesel. I drive about a thousand miles a week. Our family car is a 2013 Equinox and we loooove it! DH's farm truck is a Chev Silverado.

1000 miles a week WHAAAAT??? Where do you go???

• imageCbeanz:

imageBabyCarryingVessel:
    My work car is a 2010 VW Jetta diesel. I drive about a thousand miles a week. Our family car is a 2013 Equinox and we loooove it! DH's farm truck is a Chev Silverado.

No kidding! BCV I know you guys are farmers, where do you live? Are you that rural? 

• imageChrisG83:
    imageCbeanz:

imageBabyCarryingVessel:

No kidding! BCV I know you guys are farmers, where do you live? Are you that rural? 

DH farms and I work at a university which is 90 miles one way, and moving is not an option since we need to be close to the farm. We live in a rural area where jobs are hard to come by. I have a master's degree in agriculture and even though I have a great job, it's really limited my options.

• CnAnACnAnA member
    I drive a single cab 2011 Chevy Silverado. It fits the three of us just fine but if we ever have more, I will need something else. I love my truck almost as much as I love my husband. ;] Husband has a 2010 VW CC. He adores it.

If I have to buy another car I will either end up with a quad cab truck or a chevy traverse.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • BCV- that's insane!

We have one car- 07 toyota corolla. It's paid off and we plan to drive it for as long as we can (it's about to hit 80K miles). DH takes the bus to work (free) which is great because if he had to drive we'd pay a lot for parking.  

ETA: mbm we are practically twinsies. 

• I drive a 2009 ford escape and I love it.  H just got a new truck, but I don't remember what it is.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • A Subaru outback and dh has a Toyota 4runner. I don't love either but we will drive them into the ground.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• Our family car is a 2003 Chevy Tahoe. Yea it's an older model, but we have the captain's seats and it's fully loaded with a DVD player so it's great on road trips for DS1. Gas mileage does suck, but we don't drive too much so it's not so bad. Our second car is a 2005 Ford Explorer. DH drives it to work so I can have the bigger car since I'ma SAHM. Both cars are paid for, so it's nice not to have car payments since we are a one income family. We're probably thinking the Explorer will die first, and when it does We will get a 4 door truck. We like bigger cars :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagemmnumber5:
    We have a dodge grand Caravan which I love

Oh yeah the Caravans are awesome. We rented one about a month ago for our trip and my husband and I wanted to keep it. If we didnt have things to tow we would for sure have a minivan. 

• DH drives a Chevy Rouge. It awesome on gas for an SUV.

I have a Chevy Equinox. It was the only SUV that I could push the seat all the way back and have lots of leg room with the car seat  

• I have a 2010 caravan and love it. We have two kids and I can't imagine life without my van : my dh has a 2004 Grand Prix, which he will have until my van is paid off a little less than a year from now. it's fine for two car seats when he rarely has the kids since I drop off and pick up, but going out if town with our dog and stuff for a weekend is insanely crowded.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• sdb421sdb421 member
    I drive a Yukon Denali and LOVE it. It's a great car, but getting a bit small now that I have 3 car seats in it. It was perfect for two, but ideally I need something bigger for 3. I'm really wanting to get an Escalade ESV, but may just end up with a Yukon Denali XL.
    M/C #1 - BFP-1/16/08 Dx Blighted Ovum-2/4/08 D&C-2/8/08 @ 7 weeks M/C #2 - BFP-3/31/08 Early M/C-4/10/08 @ 5 weeks M/C #3 - BFP-6/31/08 Early M/C-7/13/08 @ 5.5 weeks Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are a 1-car family;DH rides his bike to work.  We have a 10 yr-old Acura TL, only has 50k miles on it. I like it but it doesn't get great gas mileage, and it's a bit small for carseat.  But it's paid for and with such title mileage, I plan to keep it for at least couple more years. If we end up w/#2, then we'll definitely need a bigger car.  Don't know what to get though, as I'm not a fan of SUV. Would love something more fuel efficient and roomier. 
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • I have a Vue, I like but might be getting too small and my h drives a Buick Regal. He works in the auto industry so we stick to certain companies.
  • I have a Toyota Rav4 and I love it. My last car was a Subaru Forrester and I loved that one too, but I didn't like the newer body on it. DH drives an old Mercedes. It is kind of an old man car. I keep telling him to get himself a sportier car but he won't. When we met we had matching Hondas. It was cute.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH drives a Ford Fusion, we use this car primarily, we commute to work together. It's barely big enough for the convertible car seat but we make it work.

I drive a Mitsubishi Eclipse, it barely moves because I only use it when I have to take DS somewhere when DH is working.  We plan on trading this in soon, I just don't want a car payment right now  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • CbeanzCbeanz member

imagesdb421:
    I drive a Yukon Denali and LOVE it. It's a great car, but getting a bit small now that I have 3 car seats in it. It was perfect for two, but ideally I need something bigger for 3. I'm really wanting to get an Escalade ESV, but may just end up with a Yukon Denali XL.

Were you serious about the Yukon Denali being too small? Our neighbors just got a Denali and drove it home only to find out it was too big to fit in their garage! 

• CbeanzCbeanz member
    Although it's probably not easy to fit 3 car seats anywhere! Wowzers.
  • sdb421sdb421 member
    imageCbeanz:

imagesdb421:

Were you serious about the Yukon Denali being too small? Our neighbors just got a Denali and drove it home only to find out it was too big to fit in their garage! 

Ha, nope, not kidding! With three carseats and a stroller, plus sometimes our black lab too, it's just too small. We really need the denali XL to make things work for our needs. Did your neighbors have the XL? I could see that not fitting in a garage, but my regular length one has tons of room to spare in our garage.

M/C #1 - BFP-1/16/08 Dx Blighted Ovum-2/4/08 D&C-2/8/08 @ 7 weeks M/C #2 - BFP-3/31/08 Early M/C-4/10/08 @ 5 weeks M/C #3 - BFP-6/31/08 Early M/C-7/13/08 @ 5.5 weeks Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  •  I have a 2013 sienna and DH has a 2009 corolla and then a 1993 mustang as a tinker car.  I love my van, just got it in may after trading in my 07 rav 4 which I also loved.  you can't beat the practicality of the van.  His corolla is the commuter car, not too many bells and whistles and gets great gas mileage
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    imagesdb421:
    imageCbeanz:

imagesdb421:

Ha, nope, not kidding! With three carseats and a stroller, plus sometimes our black lab too, it's just too small. We really need the denali XL to make things work for our needs. Did your neighbors have the XL? I could see that not fitting in a garage, but my regular length one has tons of room to spare in our garage.

Actually my neighbor's was too tall for the garage.  So they went back to the dealership and had the bluetooth fin removed.  Technically it will fit in their garage now, but I don't think they're able to open the doors inside so they just park it in the driveway.  I should add our neighborhood is old and urban so the (1-car) garages are on the small side.

Your post has made me think more about what's involved with 3 kids.  I think I still want 3 :-) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"