New to The Bump

Belly Stretch Prep

Hey Everyone, I am about 10 weeks along, and I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on any creams or lotions to use to help the prevention of Stretch Marks?  Is there any products that you swear by?

Re: Belly Stretch Prep

• There is nothing you can take or rub on that will prevent you from getting them.  You either will or won't.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You cant completely prevent them but You can use them to help your skin stretch! I was MissLotion while preagnant literally had 30 of them lol and i would put them on 24/7. I did get a few im not gonna lie but they are not bad at all! Hey I was pregnant! One that works miracles is Biooil it helps them fade! A little pricey but worth it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks Ladies!  I know that they are hereditary, but I've been told and have read that you can help to prevent them from being as bad if you take precautions.  Just curious if anyone had any tips from experience :)  Thanks for the input, it is greatly appreciated!!
  • I'm 26 weeks and I have been using almond oil/ coconut oil/ coconut lotion. I use it after I get out of the shower and when I have time to "air out my belly" (do this on my days off).  As for the days when I don't have time and I just use the coconut lotion.

As you know, stretch marks will or will not happen. They come from inside layer of the skin. 

When applying the lotion/ oil... massage it in, don't just rub it on and more on. Give your belly a smoothing, gentle massage.  Good time to focus on your LO and talk with them. 

Also, drink, drink, drink water.  Your skin needs water more than ever!  

Hope this helps. 

• imageJaymesue:

I'm 26 weeks and I have been using almond oil/ coconut oil/ coconut lotion. I use it after I get out of the shower and when I have time to "air out my belly" (do this on my days off).  As for the days when I don't have time and I just use the coconut lotion.

As you know, stretch marks will or will not happen. They come from inside layer of the skin. 

When applying the lotion/ oil... massage it in, don't just rub it on and more on. Give your belly a smoothing, gentle massage.  Good time to focus on your LO and talk with them. 

Also, drink, drink, drink water.  Your skin needs water more than ever!  

Hope this helps. 

I've heard the water is super important, and a friend of mine is using Palmer's cocoa butter lotion, which I have used for scarring from foot surgery.  That's what I'll probably start using.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"