November 2011 Moms

potty training

Dd went potty on the toilet today! Told me she had to go and everything!
Anyones LO potty trained already or in the process?
Our pedi said most girls are potty trained by the age if two.....although I do not believe that nor will I push dd to potty train but it would be nice, especially before I get KU with 2! :

Re: potty training

• DD has gone on the potty several times, but I have no intentions of potty training her right now.  When DS started to show interest in and occasionally use the potty at 16months I asked my pediatrician about what a good age to potty train kids was.  She recommended waiting until 2 years old as children are better able to hold their pee so you don't have to deal with as many accidents on the way to the potty.  We ended up holding off on training DS until he was 2 and a half and it has been a breeze.  I think DD will be ready around 2 years old but I will probably wait until 2 and a half with her so I won't be trying to potty train her and adjust to new baby at the same time.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • DD will ask to sit on the potty but hasn't actually gone on the potty yet. I'm not in a hurry to potty train though cause I'm not looking forward to all those inconvenient times we're gonna have to find a bathroom. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • We bought DS1 a potty to get him the idea of how one works, but we aren't actively trying to potty train him, nor is he ready.  All we are doing is sitting him on the potty right before his bath and then having DH take him in when DH goes potty, so DS1 can see how it is done.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I haven't even tried yet.  I'll wait until she seems ready and communicates better.  I waited until DD1 was 2.5y, very interested, and easy to communicate with.  She figured it out within a week or so and was day and night trained a month later (except for pooping - that was a long ordeal that required a stool softener). 
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Haven't tried and I know she isn't ready. I would rather wait to train her when it will take a short time and she can better understand what it all means. I will probably buy her a potty and make an event of it; I think she would respond well to that method.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagegracefulruby33:
    Haven't tried and I know she isn't ready. I would rather wait to train her when it will take a short time and she can better understand what it all means. I will probably buy her a potty and make an event of it; I think she would respond well to that method.

This is exactly what I plan on doing as well. I don't want it to be a long drawn out process!
    But I am looking forward to not having 2 in diapers and having to change 15 diapers a day.
    Siiiiigh.
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
  • Ds has been peeing in the potty since 9m.  He will sometimes tell me, but more often, I just put him on and he goes.  It's very clear when he poops too, so we are going to potty train this August/September.  
    TTC #1 June 2010
    1/3/11 S/A - Count 45; Motility 32; Morph 4.3 - 2/10/11 - S/A Count 17mil; Motility 39; Morph 7.9
    1/5/11 Femara Cycle #1 = BFN  2/4/11 Femara Cycle #2 = BFP: 3/4/11 - Starting Progesterone suppositories 
    Beta#1 15DPO = 108; Beta#2 17DPO = 179; Beta#3 18DPO = 259; Beta 4# 20DPO =659!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    TTC#2 Pulled goalie 5/12, PPAF 3/13, BFP 6/27 Beta 15DPO=248! 
    Dx Severe Hydrocephalus and severe Dandy Walker Cyst.   Stillborn 10/19/13
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    TTC#3 - (No preventing, TTC+progesterone starting 12/13)
    4/7/14 CD3 BW - FSH 5.6; AMH 0.469 - 4/11/14 S/A Count 35, Motility 47, Morph 1.5
    4/16/14 - Cycle 6 - Natural IUI - Beta 12DPIUI = 3; Beta 13DPIUI=4.  15DPIUI=6. 17DPIU=4. Chemical Pregnancy  
    TTC #4
    5/5/14 Dx MTHFR homozygous A1298C, Benched 1 cycle HSG 5/14 both tubes open w/scarring on the left   
    5/28/14 Starting clomid 6/8/14 IUI #2 1 dominant follicle 31mm Beta 11DPIUI =4, 15DPIUI = 74, 17DPIUI = 165 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • jb2rnjb2rn member

We have a potty upstairs and down, and he sits on them, but it's mostly a game right now.

He has pooped a few times on it and peed maybe once, but he doesn't totally get it yet.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• We bought a potty for downstairs a couple months ago. DS has, maybe, sat on it for a total of 5 seconds a time.

DS knows where the bathroom is & runs to the door when I say "Mommy has to go potty." He will usually play with his potty while I pee. Then, we flush the toilet together & wash hands.

I don't see potty training anywhere in the near future. I think we will wait until DS is actually talking & can tell me when he needs to go. I am relieved to keep him in diapers. I am totally not looking forward to having him use public toilets. Ick!

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We have been showing her the potty and letting her sit on it since about 12 months. She has peed on it like once. She will often say "potty" and point to the bathroom but just wants to sit there and put toilet paper in the toilet. ha. We aren't really pushing it until after 2, when she better understands.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD is definitely showing an interest.  We will be training sometime around age 2, but need to wait until she's in the next room at daycare.

FWIW, we potty trained DS after DD was born (she was 6 months, he was 2.5) and it was NBD to have 2 in diapers or to potty train with an infant in the house 

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD2 is randomly obsessed with the potty now, we put one of the little potties in the living room and she often wants to sit on the potty after her diaper is wet, sometimes she wants to sit on the toilet with DD1's ring.  She's peed on the potty multiple times and pooped a few.  We are certainly not pushing the idea, it takes more time from our lives to potty train us as parents of a young child than it will to wait a bit and potty train DD..... but she is so excited to sit on it we don't discourage it.
    5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

• We are not in too big of a hurry either. She will ask to go to the potty, but just sits there and likes to "wipe" (i.e. get the toilet paper and put it in the toilet). She also lately started telling me after she poops. So we are getting there, but not good about holding pee yet and doesn't really "get it" yet. She is watching her 3 year old cousin use the potty, so hoping that will help too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My daughter is very interested in the potty. She announces when she has is about to go potty and if we can DD gets sat on a potty. She likes to wipe and does so correctly. I am not pushing her, but I also feel like if she is ready to try potty training I will not keep her in diapers just because she is young. I am considering giving potty training a try in the next couple of wks just to see what happens. If she decides after a few days that she HATES it and is totally not into the process I will move on and try again some other time. I will let you know how it goes. 
  • I don't think DS is ready. I think we will buy a potty chair attachment for our toilet once he is two and then once he is ready try it out.
  • We don't even have a potty yet.  I think we are starting around her birthday.  She will tell me if she goes in her diaper, but I don't see the rush.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"